top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atty Filing Motion Seeking Leave to Withdraw as Judge Denied his Application for Comp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is an update:

I called our Trustee's office yesterday, and they are not allowed to give out advice, but gave me the number for the Pro-Se Law Clerk's Office near us. I called and left a message there yesterday also, and he responded this morning. He too, is unable to give advice while our attorney still technically represents us. However, he said to call back once our attorney files the "motion seeking leave to withdraw", and it is "on docket". Our attorney stated he will be doing this on September 13th if we don't obtain successor cousel by then.

Now my questions are: Should we still just look into successor counsel? Or, should we wait until he files the motion so that we can freely obtain advice from the Pro-Se Law Clerk? Would it be too late at that time to obtain counsel if we decided to?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone might be able to provide.
    Filed Chapter 13 on September 2, 2011 - Confirmed on May 8, 2013 (Our 20th Wedding Anniversary!) - 22 Payments Down, 38 to Go!

Comment

As I said before, it is going to be very difficult to find an attorney willing to step into a case he/she didn't handle from the start.

You can keep searching for counsel if you wish. Understand that it may take a month or more to get an appointment with any attorney simply because of their caseload. It was that way for us when we tried to get a different attorney. By that time, we would/should have been discharged. Remember, we were a CH7. I have a feeling that you will be consulting the pro se law clerk's office after September 13....
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X