11 Payments Left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11 Payments Left

We filed our Chapter 13 in 2011 we were under the median but filed Chapter 13 to save a home we owned with my sister. A lot has happened since then and I thought I would update everyone who gave us such good advice back then. Within 3 months our income dropped by half we still managed to cut corners and scrimp on everything to make our payments. We filed our tax returns and gave the trustee two earned income refunds of over $4,000 each. Today we sent of our payment for October and now only have to make 11 more payments.

I never thought I would see this day, I figured we would never be able to keep up everything. So to everyone struggling with the decision to file, take from me if we can swing it on our income anyone can do it. We started with a monthly income of over $5,000 and at our lowest it was $2,500 a month. Now the court has paid of our truck we are still current on our second home and our mortgage. I never could have done it without reading all of the posts here and coming back to review. Cannot wait until next October.

Thank you for the progress update. I will be looking forward to sending you your Hamster Troupe next October!
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Congrats on getting closer to the finish line.

Comment

I know the feeling gpolly. We have 10 months left of our long 5 year bk. Still plodding along seeming like it will never end. We should be done July next year, but I won't celebrate until I see the discharge notice.
        Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

Congrats!!!! Great job! I jelly!!!
          Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X