Questions popping up in my mind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions popping up in my mind

I'm waiting to get enough money to give my attorney her first payment, but I keep having questions. Maybe someone here can help. We are going to be a borderline Chapter 7. I think we might be more Chapter 7 than the attorney realized at the initial meeting. During that meeting she said that with borderline cases the US Trustees often show up and she wanted to warn me. I didn't even think to ask why I needed to be warned. What does that mean?

Also, it's a weird thing to focus on but the only thing I care about keeping is our RV. It's all we do as a family and I'm scared they won't let us keep it. We owe $11,404. I'm not sure what it's worth. It's a 2010 Coachman Catalina. It's in good shape except there's water damage where the last owners didn't seal it well enough and water got in. We are repairing that now because it's just become evident that it's leaking. The attorney said we will try to keep it, but seemed like it definitely wasn't a given. Our monthly payment is $133. I just wonder if there are any stories about RVs with little to no equity and Chapter 7's.

Last but not least we are keeping this secret from our friends and most family. We only told my husbands parents. I can't tell my parents or friends. It would change how they look at me and I just can't. They think I'm frugal and always come to me for advice. Little do they know I'm that way because of all my past mistakes! I have to be frugal and tight with money to make ends meet! I'm supposed to stop paying the credit cards in a few weeks. My stomach is in knots. Thinking about it makes me want to vomit. How can I prepare for this? I have panic attacks just thinking about letting it go without paying. I may even have to find a therapist to help with this because I seriously might not be able to handle it. Like a lot of you I've never missed a payment on anything in my life. To just stop paying credit cards is going to kill me.

Thanks in advance for any advice as always.

First, let me say...I completely understand your feelings, I also went though all that myself.

Keeping the RV really depends on if you have any equity in it. You need an appraisal. Take it to the RV dealer and keep a written appraisal...and DO NOT fix that water damage in the meantime. Buyers avoid water damage like the plague in Rvs..it will greatly reduce the value.

Whatever equity you have...do you have a wild card to cover it? In some states, you can use the home exemption for wild card if you do not have a house you want to save. I was able to save the family heirloom jewelry for my daughter with the use of wild card.

I know this is a totally stressful time. But, understand...there is better life coming

Comment

I hope a better life is coming! Thanks for the advice. This needs to be over soon for me and my husband's health. Getting a written appraisal is a good idea.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X