Attorney Meeting 1/11/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attorney Meeting 1/11/17

I am meeting with an attorney tomorrow for the first time to go through our details. I had a 30 minute conversation with him on the phone and he was able to answer a lot of initial questions. We will be running the numbers and seeing where we stand but we feel pretty confident about a CH7. I will be bringing my pay stubs for the past 6 months. Is there anything that could be helpful in this first meeting that I should prepare (OTHER than my list of questions)? We are planning on filing beginning in the month of March.

Hi17CharleyCo,

Sounds like you're off to a good start. If you plan on filing in early march the first meeting will be good with just that and questions. Of course there is lots of paperwork to fill out so I would start gathering stuff like tax returns etc for the past 3 years and bank statements for the past 6 months. If your paycheck (direct deposit) goes into an account that you have credit cards or loans you will want to move your direct deposit to another bank or credit union. This is the best way to ask all questions and I'd say check out old post on forums as that's always helpful as well. Best wishes to you I'm waiting to file after taxes are completed so 2017 will be a fresh start for us both!

Comment

When I met with my attorney I prepared a spreadsheet that had tabs listing all of my assets, debts, 6-month income history, mini-means test, and some of the schedules (A/B, J, etc.). This may be a bit overkill for some (most?) people, but it helped answer a lot of the attorney's questions so my conversations were more focused on the process rather than the data.

If this would be helpful to you, check out the post in this thread: http://www.bkforum.com/blogs/ladyint...ys#post1014797

Comment

I was also going to suggest that you do the means test. This will cause you to gather most of the information that you will need.

Comment

Originally posted by leonel9 View Post
          When I met with my attorney I prepared a spreadsheet that had tabs listing all of my assets, debts, 6-month income history, mini-means test, and some of the schedules (A/B, J, etc.). This may be a bit overkill for some (most?) people, but it helped answer a lot of the attorney's questions so my conversations were more focused on the process rather than the data.

If this would be helpful to you, check out the post in this thread: http://www.bkforum.com/blogs/ladyint...ys#post1014797
          This is definitely along th elines of my thought. I've collected all this information in that I will need it at some point AND by doing it now I feel as though I'm taking action and taking control THANKS!

Comment

Originally posted by 17CharleyCo View Post
            I am meeting with an attorney tomorrow for the first time to go through our details. I had a 30 minute conversation with him on the phone and he was able to answer a lot of initial questions. We will be running the numbers and seeing where we stand but we feel pretty confident about a CH7. I will be bringing my pay stubs for the past 6 months. Is there anything that could be helpful in this first meeting that I should prepare (OTHER than my list of questions)? We are planning on filing beginning in the month of March.
            17CharleyCo, You will also need your cc statements and any other bills that you want to include in BK. Also, last 3-6 months bank statements, 401k statements, W2's and tax info for the last 4 years at least.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X