2nd Mortgage ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd Mortgage ??

We are filing BK next week and I had a question about our 2nd mortgage (I am planning on asking our lawyer Monday, but wanted opinions).

Our 1st has a balance of $58K
    Our 2nd has a balance of $28K

They last appraisal we had showed the value at $68K.

Is there any way to avoid the lien on the 2nd? Or..is the amount over the $68K considered unsecured and therefore dischargable?

Any words of wisdom would be greatly apprecaited.

Did you get your 2nd mortgage on over 100% of the value of the property? Those type of equity loans are really bad bad news.
    I think you are stock with it, you'll have to keep the 2nd mortgage if you want to keep the house. Or you could surrender your house and discharge the debt.
    Edyta...
    Discharged April 2005

Comment

I kinda figured we would be stuck with it. We did the 2nd about 8 years ago when I worked for a company that was sold and went from $70K to $30K in a weekend. Started our slow slide that has us here in the first place.

We are gonna keep the house, we cannot put our kids through a move and new schools. Thanks for the info.

Comment

You'll have to keep the second to keep the house. I would keep my home.
        "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

Thanks. If that is what we have to do, we will.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X