top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have a deficiency judgment filed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a deficiency judgment filed?

Has anyone had a deficiency judgment filed on them after the BK?
    NotFun
    Filed: 10/31/2007
    341: 12/05/2007
    Last day for objections: 02/05/2008

I haven't but if the debt was included in the bankruptcy and you did not reaffirm I would think the judgment is in error. Did you file with a lawyer? If so I'd take any such judgment to them as this is a clear violation of the stay.
    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

what if I did reaffirm the car?
      NotFun

Comment

Then you owe it. This is why you see people all over the board advising debtors NOT to reaffirm.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbornetun View Post
          Then you owe it. This is why you see people all over the board advising debtors NOT to reaffirm.
          Ok but I didn't. So they can come back after me for the remaining balance.
          NotFun

Comment

So did you reaffirm or didn't you??

Comment

Okay,

If you reaffirmed = YOU OWE...

If you did not reaffirm = You don't owe anything.
              May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
              May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
              May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
              9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Well said Liz.
                FILED!: August 11, 2008 * Pre-Filing Fico Score - 643 * 341: October 8, 2008 * Last Day for Objections: December 7, 2008
                "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -George Santayana

Comment

I believe I made that clear earlier but Notfun couldn't make up their mind as to whether or not they reaffirmed. Strange

Comment

Originally posted by Tbornetun View Post
                    So did you reaffirm or didn't you??
                    Hey bud pull the stick out of your ass... This is a conversation board, if you don't like discussion.. don't come on here.

I was simply asking what happens if I did a reaffirmation, and I want to turn the car in.

But thanks for your contribution to this board, your a real ASSet.
                    NotFun

Comment

You weren't making sense. I was trying to answer you question, but then you changed your situation. I was only trying to get clarification from you. I was "discussing" and trying to help. I do have quite a bit of experience with bankruptcy, it is part of what I do for a living.

Comment

If you lurk on this board long enough, you will see that almost any post without clear detail will get a few replies ranging from "can you clarify this?" to "WTF??". And while this is a discussion board, it's more informational. The information can not be given if the circumstances aren't clear.

So, to answer in less PC terms: Take the stick out of your ass, answer the question, and stop harassing board members who are only trying to help. Either that, or go the hell away.
                        Pre-Filing Credit Scores:
                        Mine - 705 DW - 715
                        Filed 08/09/2008
                        341 09/25/2008

Comment

Originally posted by biggomez777 View Post
                          If you lurk on this board long enough, you will see that almost any post without clear detail will get a few replies ranging from "can you clarify this?" to "WTF??". And while this is a discussion board, it's more informational. The information can not be given if the circumstances aren't clear.

So, to answer in less PC terms: Take the stick out of your ass, answer the question, and stop harassing board members who are only trying to help. Either that, or go the hell away.
                          Biggomez777
                          The answer was kind of obvious to me to be in the affinitive.
                          My question is how does PO have knowledge of this anal lumber.
                          Chapter 7 07/30/2008
                          341 09/17/2008
                          Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

I was only trying to help. No anal lumber here. Geez!!

Comment

Perhaps HHM could put one of his stick’s up about reaffirmations do’s and don’ts It almost sounds like a right of passage for some to reaffirm loans. I believe there are some stiff penalties for creditor that corers’ the debtors into reaffirming debt if there isn’t there should be.
                              Chapter 7 07/30/2008
                              341 09/17/2008
                              Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X