Had my 341 yesterday......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had my 341 yesterday......

Well, I had my 341 yesterday and it got started late because of a big business case in front of me, and my lawyer had another client before me as well. When it was my turn, my lawyer was the one that asked me the questions and we pointed out to the trustee that there were a couple of corrections to be made on the schedules and that he would get those new figures over to the trustee ASAP. Basically they took off the $170 for medical expenses and then are going to put on $450 for rent expenses since my lease is up March 9 and I doubt I'm going to have a roommate after that. The trustee did ask why not move into a cheaper apartment, and I explained to him that a new place won't rent to me until after my bk has been discharged and it's easier to stay at my current place and renew because they won't pull my credit for a renewal. He said, "oh, ok", and then asked if I understood that my student loans won't be discharged, and I said yes, I'm making payments to them now. And he declared it a N/A case and concluded the meeting. No creditors showed up for me. He could've continued the meeting since there were corrections to be made, but thankfully he didn't. My lawyer said that trustee was new and there were about 10 of them for my area. So, all I have to do is wait to see if there are any objections to anything and I already gave all the info the trustee wanted for the audit, which he didn't mention yesterday. My discharge day is set for March 17, 2008.
    Filed 12/20/07 [X] 341 meeting 1/15/08 [X] Trustee Declines to Dismiss 2/25/08 [X] DISCHARGED AND CLOSED 03/19/08 [ X ]

Wow, great news!!!! That must be a huge load off your mind. Good luck!!!!
    Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

YES - good luck (will be watching)..
      Filed: 01/23/08
      341 Meeting: 02/29/08
      Discharged: 04/30/08
      Closed: 05/12/08

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X