top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody that filed ch 7 in los angeles. How long did it take to get discharged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody that filed ch 7 in los angeles. How long did it take to get discharged?

It has been like 85 days now. I have not heard a thing and pacer doesn't reported discharged yet? I heard it takes 90 days here. Any comments on this?
    Chapter 7 Filed 10/17/07
    341 mtg. 11/15/07
    Discharged 2/19/08
    Closed on 2/26/08

Awaiting 341 Meeting 10/19/2007 116 days 1 Voluntary Petition (Chapter 7)
    Awaiting Closing 11/19/2007 85 days 9 Meeting of Creditors Held and Concluded with No Asset Report
    Awaiting Discharge 11/19/2007 85 days 9 Meeting of Creditors Held and Concluded with No Asset Report
    Chapter 7 Filed 10/17/07
    341 mtg. 11/15/07
    Discharged 2/19/08
    Closed on 2/26/08

Comment

Hmm.. this is of interest to me as well since I will be filing in LA County.
      Chapter 7 - Coming Spring 2008!

Comment

I am not in LA County, but am in SoCal...hoping the discharge is a short wait and not a forever waiting game.

Comment

Really depends on the district/ # of cases involved. Up here in Sacramento the district contains all the northern CA counties except the Bay Area counties. I filed July 9, 341 hearing sometime in August, report of no assetts around middle of September, discharge October 17, closed December 18.

Comment

Oh my god! That's insane if it takes 30 extra days to report "discharged"!
            I am awaiting my discharge any day now and if I have to wait 30 more days I'm going to go nuts. Even though I know the 60 days are up and by all rights I AM discharged, I want to see it IN WRITING!

Dang, if I have to wait 30 more days I'm going to be p.o.'d. If I don't hear something by the 63rd day I'm calling the clerk's office or whatever it is.
            <<I am NOT an attorney, my comments are anecdotal only. Contact an attorney for advice>>
            FINALLY DISCHARGED 92 DAYS AFTER THE 341! A NEW START!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stopthebleeding View Post
              It has been like 85 days now. I have not heard a thing and pacer doesn't reported discharged yet? I heard it takes 90 days here. Any comments on this?
              I wonder if this is true or if it's just your case having been lost in paperwork or something. I'd call the clerk if I were you.

If I hear anything on my end I'll let you know, please do the same. I just cannot believe it would take them 30 days to do the dang paperwork of entering it into the computer!

See my note below re what the clerk told me for the L.A. area.
              Last edited by PaKettle; 02-14-2008, 12:36 PM.
              <<I am NOT an attorney, my comments are anecdotal only. Contact an attorney for advice>>

Comment

Originally posted by magyar123 View Post
                Really depends on the district/ # of cases involved. Up here in Sacramento the district contains all the northern CA counties except the Bay Area counties. I filed July 9, 341 hearing sometime in August, report of no assetts around middle of September, discharge October 17, closed December 18.
                I totally didn't think about this, if there are a lot of cases it would take longer.

Comment

Breathe people.........breathe!!!!!!!!

It's all a matter of perspective. An extra 30 days would seem pretty easy to me vs the 60 mos 13 I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!

Good things come to those who wait!!!!!!!!

Good luck!

K
                  You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

Originally posted by krielly View Post
                    Breathe people.........breathe!!!!!!!!

It's all a matter of perspective. An extra 30 days would seem pretty easy to me vs the 60 mos 13 I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!

Good things come to those who wait!!!!!!!!

Good luck!

K
                    If you are in a 13 then you know you have years of time to pay, but for those that file 7's they should know within a set amount of time.

Comment

Arrgggghhhh! More LIMBO! This whole damned process is just one wait after another... and THEN, when they say it's SUPPPOSED to be OVER, you have to wait MORE!

I called the clerks office. Got a very nice lady and without waiting, which was amazing to me.

HOWEVER, she basically said that it takes at least a couple of weeks after the 60 days are up before you get the DISCHARGE. She said that since Presidents Day is next week that could make it even longer... I said, "So, about how long does it take after the 60 day waiting period is up?" She said, "Wellllllllll.....
                      It's hard to say...."

So who knows? She made it sound like only a couple weeks after the 60 days, but it really depends on how soon the Trustee does his paperwork and then the clerks have to check stuff, too.

So I'm guessing that in my case, this is going to take an extra 2-3 weeks after the 60 days, minimum.

I was kind of encouraging her to check my case for me, I thought maybe if I asked nicely she might take a special interest in my case and take care of it for me. But she did not indicate that she would. She did take my case # though, so maybe with a little luck, she might...

Uggghhh! Nothing I hate worse than waiting, waiting and more waiting... for things that are completely out of my control...

And for those who say, "But the 60 days are up and you had no objections, so there's no problem..."... well, I asked her about that. She said, "Well, there ARE exceptions...." Great.

I can't "just forget about it" til it's OVER, and it ain't OVER til it's posted on Pacer: DISCHARGED and CLOSED.

I mean, sure, I have a lot less stress now that the period for objections is technically over. But still, I just want all this to be completely over! It's just one of those things that seems to linger on and on and on, like walking pneumonia....

Comment

i will cal my attorney on Tuesday 88 days now I think I have been pateint
                        Chapter 7 Filed 10/17/07
                        341 mtg. 11/15/07
                        Discharged 2/19/08
                        Closed on 2/26/08

Comment

i will cal my attorney on Tuesday 88 days now I think I have been pateint

Yeah, I think so too! And post back here and let us know what the deal was. According to the clerk I spoke with it's just a matter of the Trustee signing off on the paperwork and forwarding it to the clerk's office for them to sign off on it and post it on the computer and send out the Discharged notice in the mail.

Unless you have a really lazy or extremely backed up Trustee it shouldn't take THAT long. (I would hope!)
                          And if it IS just your trustee being slow or lazy, please PM me - what are your Trustee's initials? (It's the 2 letters in your case #)

I'm hoping mine gets posted at least by the 74th day...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X