Nervous about filing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nervous about filing

I have been feeling very nervous about the Bk lately. Just when I think this is the right thing to do, then I start wondering if we are doing the right thing. The attorney has been paid and is working on our papers. I start wondering if there was another way. Does everyone else go threw those feelings?

We questioned this decision over and over. We knew our min payments were getting to be more then we could pay, let alone paying extra and if we keep paying the min we don't have enough income left to live on unless we use the cards. I did calculators to see how long it would take to pay our debt off and the numbers were mind boggling.

I know in my heart this is the right thing, but I guess I am getting cold feet. I know if we don't do this we will take a chance of losing our house. We simply can't lose this house. I also know if we keep paying the cards, the debt will grow larger and larger cause we will have to live on the cc.

So does everyone go threw this once they have hired an attorney? I had been feeling good about this decision, now I just feel nervous. I know our file date will be soon and maybe once that's done I will calm down.
    Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

I just filed yesterday. I felt nevrous. I started looking in to the BK route 2 months ago when a creditor began a lawsuit against me. I attempted the CCCS route and pay them but I could not keep up with the high payment plan and all of the extra fees.

So yes, if you are like me and most of the folks on this site then you are doing the right thing for you. I think that it is natural to feel nervous, it is the feeling of the unknown, what's going to happen next and that everyone else knowns about you.

Before I filed, I put everything out of my mind about BK and set a date to file, and until that date I did not think about it.

Good luck
    Filed BK 3-31-08
    341 meeting 5-16-08
    discharge 7-18-08
    Fico 595 pre filing, Fico 587 post filing

Comment

Thanks "almost", I think you're right. I need to step back and stop worrying. This is the only decision that will work for us. I know we aren't deadbeats, just people who had some bad luck and made some really dumb decisions. We are trying to fix that now the only way we can.

You know I keep thinking that someday this will all be over with. We will have filed, been threw our 341 and finally be discharged and closed.

Thanks for the nice reply you did made me feel better. I guess it's perfectly normal to feel worried and scared when you're going threw this. After all like you said it's the fear of the unknown. We know what's it's like to be overwhelmed with debt, so after all this is behind us we can find out what's it like to be able to pay your bills with cash and not worry about cc bills piling up and worrying about how we are going to pay them all.

Good luck to you too, let's hope we are in here celebrating soon once this is all behind us!
      Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

I think once you file, you'll feel very relieved!! I'm sure it's the right thing for you based on what you've said.

I was worried about it too, wondering if I should do it or just keep going along and probably never get my cc's paid. Now I wish I'd have done it sooner.
        Filed C7: 3/21/08
        341 Meeting: 4/23/08
        Objections to discharge due: 6/23/08
        Discharged 6/30/08

Comment

Yes very natural for what your feeling... It was the same with me
          take this advice to heart.....

You hired a lawyer, he will make sure your in good hands,
          Step back let it happen. Time heals all wounds.
          You cant change anything if your in deep until
          you reach the otherside
          Started in Chapt 13 Switched to Chapt 7 Discharged 2009 Dec.........Filed New Chapt 13 in 2010 to deal with new surgery bill and stripped second mortgage! The story continues

Comment

I was kinda of nervous when i filed but, the next day when the phone started ringing,it was a relief to tell my creditors i was filing bk.One of my accounts was charged off.The ca contacted me today.This guy was an idiot.First he asked me if i had an attorney (No i don't) .then he asked i f filed bk online.I said what are you talking about.I filed at the court house.Then he tried to talk me out of bk and wanted to settle.I just gave him my case # and that was the end for him.
            Filed ch 7: 3-31-08 Pro-se
            341 meeting held:5-7-08
            Last day for objections: 6-8-08
            Discharged & closed....: 7-14-08

Comment

Everyone feels nervous before/during bankruptcy and up until discharge. Even though people will tell you it's no big deal and whatnot, everyone's nervous, especially before and during the 341. I, myself, sweated clean through an undershirt, button down shirt and jacket the day of my 341. So, it's natural to feel nervous or have second thoughts, but once you take the first step, it gets easier the closer you get to discharge.
              Filed 12/20/07 [X] 341 meeting 1/15/08 [X] Trustee Declines to Dismiss 2/25/08 [X] DISCHARGED AND CLOSED 03/19/08 [ X ]

Comment

Originally posted by car67 View Post
                Yes very natural for what your feeling... It was the same with me
                take this advice to heart.....

You hired a lawyer, he will make sure your in good hands,
                Step back let it happen. Time heals all wounds.
                You cant change anything if your in deep until
                you reach the otherside
                And I can't wait to reach that other side!! I'll be dancing once that day comes. Too bad I am hoping no one will know, cause I am sure I will want to shout it from the roof tops!

Your posts was so nice, thanks to everyone. I think I am just having a tough time right now. I need to stop and let this go and it will work out fine, if I can just stop worrying.

Comment

jpt...I think I am one of the worst ones here about going back and forth whether to file or not (ask Freshlikeadaisy). You always think there might be one last ditch effort to save it...but then realty sets in and you realize you've gotta do what you gotta do. I will say filing itself was a relief for me. I am still having a few seconds of "freak out" but every day gets better plus the support here is invaluable!!! Good Luck! PS..I'm from IN too...close to South Bend. I live in sunny FL now...it's pretty tough to take :o)

Comment

Originally posted by tallberry View Post
                    jpt...I think I am one of the worst ones here about going back and forth whether to file or not (ask Freshlikeadaisy). You always think there might be one last ditch effort to save it...but then realty sets in and you realize you've gotta do what you gotta do. I will say filing itself was a relief for me. I am still having a few seconds of "freak out" but every day gets better plus the support here is invaluable!!! Good Luck! PS..I'm from IN too...close to South Bend. I live in sunny FL now...it's pretty tough to take :o)
                    Thanks for the nice words! I bet you really miss Indiana winters! I know I wouldn't! This has been a long one too, way too long. Spring is supposedly here and still we can't seem to get about any nice weather. Maybe spring will help with this low mood I have been in lately. I am not far from Indy, about 45 miles.

I know everyone is right. I took a break from reading threads for a few days and that is why I think the doubt started creeping back in. I feel so much more assured we made the right decision when I read people's post, so I think I need to keep coming on here and being reassured.

Thanks everyone!! You have helped me alot today. I have to remember there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Comment

My husband and I keep going back and forth. What really helped is looking at the budget and what our "new" life can be like. We are trying to get all the lose work it out so we can afford the atty. I just wish I could fast forward though all of this to get there.

Comment

Oh, I remember those kind of Springs when it seems it will never come. But on the good side it will be like someone flipped a switch and you will go straight from Winter to Summer. I will try to throw some sunshine your way!! Hang in there...you have many friends who will support you here through the ups and downs.

Comment

I feeI that way all the time. I will file end of May and sometimes I think what if they deny me, then what will I do? It almost seems like its all too simple and that I keep worrying about nothing.

The thing thats hardest is mine isnt a tale of hardship but more of bad financial decisions. I guess filing is admitting to myself and spouse of those bad decisions (ccs).

I'm ready for my fresh start, and it cant come soon enough.
                          pa308 (equifax fico 6-21 471) 594 on 3-09 671 7-09
                          filed ch7 6-12
                          341 7-25
                          Discharged and closed 9-24

Comment

I agree, whether or a Chapter 7 or Chapter 13, I want to get the ball rolling.

Why would they deny you?

Comment

Originally posted by pa308 View Post
                              I feeI that way all the time. I will file end of May and sometimes I think what if they deny me, then what will I do? It almost seems like its all too simple and that I keep worrying about nothing.

The thing thats hardest is mine isnt a tale of hardship but more of bad financial decisions. I guess filing is admitting to myself and spouse of those bad decisions (ccs).

I'm ready for my fresh start, and it cant come soon enough.
                              Yes I feel the same way. What if they deny us? I know totally irrational, but those are the kind of things that run threw my head. What if's all the time. What if this happens, what if that happens, constantly thinking about everything BK.

But like you I am so ready for a fresh start, for a chance to live like normal people LOL!! Ok we are all normal, just got off track, made some mistakes or fell on hard times. I just don't want to live so close to the edge, worrying if our income went down a dime we would sink. This is a bail out before that happens. We have to get in step with this sinking economy and learn to live with what we make, no more using cc, they just sucked us dry and now we are fighting back!! LOL sorry I got on my cc rampage again. Can you tell I hate cc??

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X