60 day discharge??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60 day discharge??

I was told by my lawyer that the discharge doesn't have to be done in 60 days after the 341. I thought from everything I've read on here that it does?
    Filed: Dec 31, 2008
    341: Feb 5, 2009
    Discharge: Apr 7, 2009 (61 days even)

read this

this is the bankruptcy law..... it can take a while for discharge to come through but once 60 days is up and no objections you are good to go....

60 Days After The Meeting of Your Creditors
    Your creditors have 60 days after the date first set for the Meeting of Your Creditors to object to the discharge of any of the debts listed in your petition and schedules.
    Your creditors can object to your request to discharge a debt if the debt was obtained or incurred as a result of any of the following types of misconduct: fraud; embezzlement or larceny; and any willful or malicious injuries you have caused others; or a divorce or separation (this does not include debts for child support and spousal maintenance, which are non-dischargeable by law).
    Additionally, your creditors can object to the discharge of all your debts if you have engaged in any of the following conduct: concealment or destruction of property or financial records; false statements; withholding information; failing to explain losses; failure to respond to material questions; or a discharge in a prior case filed within the last 6 years.
    The trustee must move to dismiss your case within this time period if he finds that the granting of relief would be an abuse of the provisions of Chapter 7. You will receive your Chapter 7 discharge 60 days after the meeting of your creditors You will receive your discharge as soon as the 60-day time period for objecting to discharge or moving to dismiss your case expires.
    B x
    filed Ch 7 Oct 31st 2008.
    341 Dec 10th 2008.
    DiSCHARGED Feb 10th 2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X