top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How precise should be balances reported on schedules?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How precise should be balances reported on schedules?

I'm filing Pro Se and need advice. How precise and up-to-date should be the balances that I report on the schedules for both secured and unsecured debts?
    By now there have to be addition late fees and in some interest charges accumulated on mortgage balances, credit card balances, etc.
    What happens if I underestimate the balance? Then only the lower balance will be discharged and remaining part will be open? Or I don't need to be that much precise in noting balances on the schedules?

The balances don't really matter that much for general unsecured debt (i.e. credit cards). The ENTIRE debt gets discharge regardless of what you indicate for the balance.

If you have accounts in deep collections (with lots of late fees, etc) etc, just list the last balance you have information for and check the box that indicates your dispute the amount.

Comment

What about secured debt? First mortgage, second mortgage and association fees? Should I get written pay-off statement prior to filing? Or it doesn't really matter if the balance is off by 1-2% of the total?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X