2008 Taxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2008 Taxes

I just did my return and I owe IRS around 4k.My 341 is on April 29.I am mainly a no asset case.How will this affect my chapter 7.Can all my other debts be discharged and I just set up a payment arrangement with the IRS.
    Filed Ch 7 Petition: 03/24/09
    341 Meeting: 04/29/09
    Discharge Due: 06/29/09
    07/01/2009 Discharged

It won't effect it at all. I had my 341 on april 6 th and I owed the state of oregon and the Irs taxes. The trustee just wanted to make sure I did my 2008 taxes and wasn't getting a large return they could take. They didn't even ask how I was going to pay the taxes I owed.

Comment

Oh ok thats good.I already owed the IRS 2k and they were garnishing my check until I filed bk.I'm just hoping the IRS will let me do a payment arrangement after my chapter 7.Circumstances are alot better now whereas I wont default on the arrangement with them.
      Filed Ch 7 Petition: 03/24/09
      341 Meeting: 04/29/09
      Discharge Due: 06/29/09
      07/01/2009 Discharged

Comment

Hi Nicole,

Same thing with me too. I will owe for 2008 but only because of early 401K withdraw. I made no money in 2008. I owe IRS and state taxes.

Basically, you just have to make sure you have filed your taxes before you can file your bankruptcy if you doing it close to tax time. Just request the payment plan from the IRS when you file and your state if they have one. That is what my lawyer told me to do but it have never owed taxes before so I never had a payment plan for taxes prior to this. I hope you can get one.

Unfortunately, the bankruptcy won't discharge your newly owed taxes so might as well get the payment plans. I think they have to 3 years old taxes due to get them discharged.
        "I broke, I broke, it's off to Chapter 7 I go"
        http://queenfluff.blogs.experienceproject.com/
        1st meeting w/ Lawyer: 4/3/09 * File: 4/30/09 *341: 6/23/09 * Discharged 8/25/09!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X