Chapter 7 -- Means Test Errors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 7 -- Means Test Errors?

Filed for Chapter 7 - 2 1/2 weeks ago ... under the state median.

In looking over the petition, I notice that although we are under the median and as I understand it - thus not required to complete the other sections of the means test - our attorney completed the means test and some of the numbers don't look right.

Example: student loan payment is included - seems like this might be a district by district debate

Example: vehicle loan payment is not pro-rated for 60 months

Are these things that need to be corrected before our 341 or are these not 'real' issues since we were not required to complete the means test?

Did you call your attorney to let them know of the errors?

Comment

Waiting for a call back from attorney now ...

We had already discussed an amendment to add a creditor that we missed (going in to sign that amendment this week)- but I noticed these other things over the weekend.

Wondering if we will need to amend these issues at the same time.

Guess I am curious if anyone else (under the median) remembers their Chapter 7 petition and if the means test was completed.

Comment

Not sure about that I was waaayyyy over the median.

I believe if there are errors they can be corrected.

Goodluck.

Comment

Since it costs you to file the amendment, you may as well make all the corrections at the same time.
          Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
          Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

It does cost you to file amendments, BUT I had errors on mine that my attorney made, so I made him pay for the amendments.

Comment

Originally posted by jessegirl View Post
              It does cost you to file amendments, BUT I had errors on mine that my attorney made, so I made him pay for the amendments.
              Excellent! How did you do this?
              Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
              Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Yes, Jessegirl, how did you do this???

Comment

That would be great to know -- didn't hear back from our attorney today.

Will be calling in the morning to discuss these issues.

Guess that means just another sleepless night ...

Comment

Originally posted by StartingOver08 View Post
                    Excellent! How did you do this?
                    He omitted information from my petition that I gave him. When I found the errors I called him and told him about the errors and also told him that he left off a few creditors. He said he would take care of it and said normally its such and such for the amendments but because he omitted it, he would take care of it. He originally left off about 5 creditors, but then it said as long as I had the name on my matrix it wasn't necessary to put a creditor 5 times cause I had 5 accounts with them. So he added 3 more creditors and never charged me for that too.

Comment

Originally posted by deepin View Post
                      That would be great to know -- didn't hear back from our attorney today.

Will be calling in the morning to discuss these issues.

Guess that means just another sleepless night ...
                      No sleepless night, anything that is wrong I am sure he can correct

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X