Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woo! I am done with my 341!

I just got back from my 341 meeting.

It was pretty simple. Lots of questions - the trustee guy reads them off a list and checks them off.

He did ask about my California drivers license and asked when I had lived there so I gave him that info. I told him I don't have a car here and don't drive here so I hadn't remember to get it changed yet. (I will now! ). He didn't seemed concerned about it. Just the dates that I had moved (because of that 2 year rule thingy for state residence.)

He asked about my taxes - if I got a refund this year for last year. I didn't - I owe big time.

He DID ask for my statements for my cc's to see the payments I had made and was a bit noisy about my cc use around that time and my lawyer had them. He asked if I was still using the cards when I made my "big" payments (this being the "have you made payments to any creditor in the amount over $600 in the 3 months prior to file?). That worried me a bit because I knew I was "in the clear" for any cc use within that date range - my lawyer made sure of that. Hello, I think I should be commended for never having missing a payment - talk about nosy.

I answered No to alot of the questions because I am a No Asset (no house, property, car).

They ask you to recite your address at the beginning.

They ask about your income (technically I don't have any because I am unemployed but I still have some money left in my checking account).

But I would say (depending on your individual situtation) that 90% of the questions you will answer Yes or No too and depending on the question you might not have to provide any other details.

Here are some of the questions I can remember. They ask:

are you single, divorced etc.

If you own any property, car

do you have any income

Whether you owe anyone else money

Whether anyone owes YOU money (ha! my bf owes me at least $700 but I didn't say anything about it - mostly because he has no money either)

Whether anyone is going to die and leave you any money in the next year after the discharge

Do you have a life insurance policy you can cash in to pay your debts

Do you have a 401K or pension that you have money in

Did any family members give you any money

Do you have any children that you pay support for

Hmm, can't remember any more - I would say there was about 15 questions maybe. I know a few people that went before that answered yes to the the car and property questions that to provide more info on those..

There was one couple there that they didn't even have their SSN's - the lawyer didn't even seem like he knew it! That seemed a kinda bad. Shouldn't you be able to find out what it is at least? even if you don't have your card. How did they fill out their paperwork with no SSN's?

It wasn't really crowded where i went. There were two other debtors there that my lawyer was representing (all women!) We were the last group of the day. My lawyer said that everything looked OK for me - no problems and I just need to do the pre-discharge class. (and call Verizon because they haven't shut off my phone yet and I don't want them to charge me for the any calls made after I filed)

So I guess everything went OK. The acoustics in the room were bad and the trustee dude mumbled so I had a hard time hearing the other cases for the most part. Even when I was up there I had to lean forward a bit to make sure I heard him (I have bad hearing though with hearing aids).

The fun part for me is that it was in a old big building downtown that I haven't been in before and I remember thinking a few weeks ago waiting for the bus across from it - "That place totally looks haunted!" It is very large and old. I didn't even realize until I got off the bus to go there that it was "my haunted building" and than I was thinking "Cool! I get to go in the big creepy building!" And I will say it did seem a bit off inside. Ha ha!
    "I broke, I broke, it's off to Chapter 7 I go"
    http://queenfluff.blogs.experienceproject.com/
    1st meeting w/ Lawyer: 4/3/09 * File: 4/30/09 *341: 6/23/09 * Discharged 8/25/09!

Congratulations on your successful 341! You are now a member of the 60 Day Club!

Your questions were the basic ones that I remember from 'Hub and my 341. They're pretty standard, though can be adjusted to fit the situation that the debtor presents.

Good luck on your countdown to Discharge!
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Congrats on passing.

You should check with WI, it is possible your old CA license is no longer valid.

Better to run down and see about changing it over now before you run into a problem. I once lived in UT and took a few years to change my license to NC, and it was because I got stopped without my wallet one day and the trooper said it wasn't technically valid anymore.
      May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
      July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
      September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Glad to hear you 341 was painless...now the countdown!

Welcome to the 60 day club!
        May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
        May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
        May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
        9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Glad to hear your experience wasn't so bad; I hope me and hubby's 341 goes as smooth as yours. And thanks for posting the questions asked. Now hopefully I won't feel as nervous if I know what to expect in the way of questions.
          Filed: 8-19-09
          341: 9-21-09
          Notice of Discharge: 11-28-09

Comment

Welcome to the 60 day club!
            Filed: 5/7/2009 :cry: 341: 6/9/2009 :yahoo:
            Discharged: 8/12/2009 :clapping::clapping::clapping:
            My advice is based on personal experience only

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...