Car & Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car & Home

Got a couple ?'s regarding our recent CH 7 that was filed on 6/12.

First off, our phone which rang 40-50 times daily since we stopped paying our cc's on 2/17 hasn't rang once since the 20th(when I assume the last of our creditors got their notice)and prior to that we NEVER answered any calls to explain what was going on.

My question regards our home and car, which we intend to "ride through", as our attorney has advised us against reaffirming.

I had 1 checking acct with Chase, and 2 joint savings(which were closed by wife), 3 cc's and 1 mortgage.

I logged onto the Chase website, and both svgs are not listed(which I understand), along with the cc's and mortgage being gone.

My mortgage is paid by direct debit from another bank, and I was wondering if they will continue to take the payment even though the mortgage was included in the BK?

Concerning the car-financed through Hyundai Finance Motor Credit(a Chase subsidiary), going on that website the account is still listed and shows all the info, even though it was also listed in the BK.

Leaving the house isn't an option(as we need someplace to live, and the loan is a fixed rate and we prolly do owe more than its worth, but even people not in a BK I bet do too, and the payments are doable without the cc debt).

As for the car the KBB retail is 19,080 and we owe 17,474 so we intend on keeping it since my DW needs a car for her job and we are not upside-down in it.(Again the payments don't cause a hardship without the cc debt).

I guess my ? is this...As long as we don't default on car or house payments will they try to take those items from us?

Also if we do continue prompt and timely payments will any of those reflect favorably in our credit report?

Many thanks!
    Last edited by LTN6571; 06-28-2009, 08:39 AM. Reason: clarification
    CH 7 filed on 6/12/09:cry:
    341 Scheduled on 8/11/09:blink:
    341 Concluded @9:20 8/11/09...Now begins the waiting game.:dry:
    Discharged on 10/14/09:clapping::yahoo:

Originally posted by LTN6571 View Post

I guess my ? is this...As long as we don't default on car or house payments will they try to take those items from us?

Also if we do continue prompt and timely payments will any of those reflect favorably in our credit report?

Many thanks!
    Don't have all the answers but I do know that my house, which I'm am riding through on, DOES NOT report timely payments on the credit report. The mortgage only shows IIB. I don't think ride through's show on your credit at all so they don't help in reestablishing your credit. I'm sure if I'm mistaken someone will correct me but this has been my experience.

Also, if you remain current, my attorney told me that they will leave you alone. They'd rather receive timely payment from you than to have to auction the car off for less, or for the house go through foreclosure proceedings.

Someone will chime in with more definite answers I'm sure.
    Filed BK on 3/27/09
    341 Meeting 4/29/09
    Discharged and closed 6/30/09!!!!!!

Comment

KBB and most books today are useless for car values. Cars are very devalued right now due to poor credit availability and such.
      The market for selling used cars is depressed due to new sales being so poor.
      I see people trying to see one and two year old cars, trucks and SUVS for more money than the dealers are selling the same exact model new for today.
      Just be aware of that when determining values on cars.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X