"A Change to your existing account"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"A Change to your existing account"...

I have been monitoring my credit file lately and I noticed some of my cards have made updates to my credit report saying the following:

"Account balance changed from X dollars to 0. Included in bankruptcy."

Also, one of my private student loans did this as well. They closed the account and changed the balance to zero and put included in bankruptcy. If I am still required to keep this loan after bankruptcy....would they do that?

Is this a good thing? Does that mean they are allowing the balance to be written off in the bankruptcy? Or can they still file an objection after doing this?

I would think it would be silly to dispute something that you have removed off someone's credit report...

But I was just curious if I can breathe a little easier about some of the charges I had made before I filed last month.
    BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
    Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Yes, this is a good thing. I believe that all accounts that you included in your bankruptcy should be listed something like “Included in Chapter XX bankruptcy” or the abbreviation “IIB” and it should bring your balances down to "zilch".
    Filing: 4/10/2009, 341: 5/18/2009
    Last day for objections: 7/17/2009
    Discharge: 7/29/2009

Comment

Interesting... I was just curious if anybody had a creditor object to a balance/transaction after they made this change. I'm also wondering my private student loan company changed the account to zero as well and closed it.
      BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
      Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
        I'm also wondering my private student loan company changed the account to zero as well and closed it.
        Filing: 4/10/2009, 341: 5/18/2009
        Last day for objections: 7/17/2009
        Discharge: 7/29/2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X