Another reaffirmation question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another reaffirmation question.

My 341 hearing is this Wednesday and I just want to make sure I understand all this reaffirmation stuff:

I know that the consensus is to avoid reaffirmation. I didn't really understand why a few weeks ago, so I sent in my signed reaffirmation agreement to the lender yesterday. Now, I could really go either way: if the lender files the reaffirmation agreement, I won't be heartbroken. My schedules show that I can still make the payments on the car and have some money left over every month.

Anyways, my questions are:

1. When does the creditor have to submit the paperwork? Before the 341 hearing? If so, I don't think they're going to have enough time.

2. Does anyone know the Virginia law concerning repossession? If the reaffirmation isn't filed on time, or if the trustee rejects it, I want to be able to keep the car. Does Virginia law allow me to keep the car as long as I make payments on time, or will I have to wake up every morning wondering if my car will be there?

Thank you.
    6/12/09: Filed Chapter 7
    7/21/09: 341 Hearing (went very well)
    9/28/09: Discharged
    10/2/09: Case closed!

They are not going to take the car if you are paying for it. That would be nuts.
    Reaffirming does nothing for you. IF the judge turns it down yo may loss the car.
    The trustee has nothing to do with the reaffirmation it's the judge there will be a hearing. and again if the judge denies it the creditor will most likely take the car
    Chapter 7 07/30/2008
    341 09/17/2008
    Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X