Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 yesterday

Hi
    I had my 341 yesterday morning. Of course I was a nervous wreck until I got into the courtroom.

The trustee was a real character and had a great sense
    of humor. I listened to a few cases before mine.

There was this woman before me whose husband had died, he owned a business, and she was filing BK7 for him. One of his creditors showed up and started grilling her about why
    his credit cards were so high (excess on one of 200K) and she was relentless with this poor woman. The trustee finally told her to knock it off and made her leave!

I was next and he asked me a few questions. Why I was filing, the usual have you done any cash advances in 90 days, and transfers in 90 days, and large purchases in the past year, etc, etc. He asked if anyone owed me any money and my lawyer told him my ex owed me 20K from a divorce 3 years ago. He asked me why he hadn't paid me and if I thought he could get the money out of him. I told him he hadn't paid his other ex child support or hadn't seen his kids in over 6 years. The trustee called him a scumbag and wished me luck in the future, handed the papers to the court recorded, and said this was all set. I was relieved no one was there to ask me questions from the bank, or my credit cards. So I guess I am now in the 60 day club.

I haven't been on pacer yet, but I guess there is no reason anyways for now?

My next step is to take the class and then just wait.....

woot woot! Congrats on the 60 day club!!

Glad you got a nice trustee.
    07/10/09 Filed Chapter 7
    08/10/09 341
    10/16/09 Discharged
    02/01/10 Closed

Comment

Congratulations on the 60 day club! My 341 was yesterday also, and I also had a really nice trustee. I'm glad it went well for you!!

Comment

congrats, notadeadbeat!

i wonder if the trustee asked you whether you thought you could get the money out of your ex to see if it was worth it to the trustee to try to get this money. when the trustee understood the husband is a deadbeat, they decided to leave it alone...

actually, checking pacer may bring you good news, like a report of no distribution.
        filed ch7 May 09
        341 june 09
        discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

I hope your Trustee abandons any interest in the payments from the EX, and then he has a sudden crisis of conscious (or other legal obligation, heh) that causes him to pay it.

Well, one can dream, no?

Congratulations and good luck.

Comment

Glad it went well Good Luck
            May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
            July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
            September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Congratulations on getting through your 341. Your Ex does sound like a Scumbag!

Luci

Comment

Good job!
                All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Congrats! It sounds like it went very well!
                  4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
                  5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
                  7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
                  7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

The trustee said he was not going to go after him, but suggested to the lawyer that SHE go after him for me NEXT YEAR! He is here from Great Britain, took me for everything, ran up my credit cards, got his temporary green card and left me for another woman. I think the trustee actually felt for me when he suggested this to the lawyer....

Someone said to check Pacer and see no distribution? Where is it on there?

Comment

on pacer, check first if something was filed on or after the date of your 341. if so, click on docket report and see what was filed.
                      filed ch7 May 09
                      341 june 09
                      discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X