$10K in cash advances - possible AP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banca Rotta wrote
    Looking at the timeline between your join date here and your cash advances you obviously took out the cash advance with no intention of paying it back. I could be wrong and what I think doesn't matter since I'm not the judge in your case.

What I don't understand is based on the above why you didn't at least wait longer to file. There are plenty of posts here with people like yourself that got screwed doing what you did.
    Wow, how do you know what we were thinking? I was looking on this site for information "in case" it became necessary while hoping with all my heart BK would never happen. Your reply seemed awfully judgmental and mean spirited. Luckily most folks on here are not!

Comment

I hardly think that reply was appropriate. If Kitty took the advances like 3 weeks before they filed...maybe... but simply registering on a forum and investigating/reading up on something does not mean you're intending to defraud creditors. Hell I did a balance transfer between a few cards in March because I was trying to AVOID bankruptcy and get lower payments on the debt I had... has nothing to do with intending not to pay it but was an attempt to manage.
      BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
      Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

i'm with amy here. it's a big leap between joining a forum and committing fraud. someone trying to educate themselves on a topic is not a fraud. that post probably says more about the person posting it than the person being criticized...
        filed ch7 May 09
        341 june 09
        discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Originally posted by KittyisBroke View Post
          Banca Rotta wrote

Wow, how do you know what we were thinking? I was looking on this site for information "in case" it became necessary while hoping with all my heart BK would never happen. Your reply seemed awfully judgmental and mean spirited. Luckily most folks on here are not!

I don't know what you are thinking. As I mentioned it doesn't matter what little old me was thinking. I'm not a judge. Just my opinion.

Unlike some you were smart enough to research bk early on and I don't understand why before you decided to take out a large cash advance you didn't see all the issues that could arise just by reading posts here.

Usually someone comes here after the fact with a sob story on an AP when they took out a large advance and get a letter from the cc company's attorney.

You researched it early on and didn't look into this.
          The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

Originally posted by music12 View Post
            i'm with amy here. it's a big leap between joining a forum and committing fraud. someone trying to educate themselves on a topic is not a fraud. that post probably says more about the person posting it than the person being criticized...

I resepectfully disagree. If you join a "bankruptcy forum" then a few months later charge up a storm, then file for bankruptcy, it does look a little odd.

The courts actually determine fraud if you consult with an attorney, then charge up a storm, then file because it looks as if you intended on defrauding the bank.

Other then that you are all correct that it is very hard to prove fraud.

I have a feeling the judge will be deciding the op's case since others here have had problems with such large cash advances inside of 180 days.
            The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X