Stupid move?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid move?

We are going on a longer drive (5+ hours each way) with three children under the age of 6 in a few weeks. We have an on-board DVD player, but the screen broke. We had $150 aside to get it fixed, but it turns out it is not fixable, and the dealer and audio places want $800+ to fix it. Instead, we spent $150 (cash via debit card) on a portable system to take, but now we are worried that this was a stupid move and will get us in trouble when we file BK.

It didn't even occur to me that we might not be able to do this until after it was done. Is it going to be a problem??

Since making the decision to file bk myself, I have been paying for items I need with cash only. I only use my debit card for things like gas, utilities and groceries.

I assume you are planning to, or already have filed bk? Are you worried of this expense showing on your bank statement? I am just trying to understand your question.

Comment

We plan to file in a couple of months. So yes, it's a matter of the purchase being on the bank statement that we are worried about, I suppose. But at the same time, wouldn't using cash only also be suspicious as it's harder to track?

Can't ask my lawyer these questions as he's out of town right now and we just started the process, so most of it is still pretty foreign/frightening to me.

Comment

The amount of money you are talking about is so trivial I honestly believe you have NOTHING to worry about. I don't think anyone would even blink if you had charged it (though I wouldn't test that theory). Take a deep breath, relax and read a lot of posts on this forum. It is an excellent source of information and I am sure it will put your mind at ease. I know it worked for me
        Filed 5/12/09
        341 6/11/09
        discharged 8/11/09
        Closed 8/14/09

Comment

Thank you for the reassurance. I didn't think it was a huge deal, but still...

Comment

Trust me, I totally understand I think I drove my lawyer nuts with all my 'what ifs' and 'why nots'...
            Filed 5/12/09
            341 6/11/09
            discharged 8/11/09
            Closed 8/14/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X