341 meeting today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 meeting today

I filed chapter 7 BK around Sept 4th...and had my 341 meeting today. I was a little worried about a few assets. My wife whom did not file owns 3 rental properties on which I am listed on the deed as co owner. We have only one joint checking account. All our unsecured credit is in each individuals name only. I have about 42k in unsecured credit. plus 2 vehicles,2 boats, The trustee wasnt interested in the boats, or the 2 vehicles one is paid for the other only has about 2k of equity. I was asked the usually questions and only had to show DL and SS card. He did ask why my wife wasnt filing...I just stated she was not in debt like me. The Trustee didnt ask anyone about Income tax returns. The meeting lasted about 5 minutes...some even less. I was # 70 out of about 100+ filers. Didnt see any creditors there.At the end of mine he stated it was a "No asset case" I feel I can breath better now...I can see the light at the end of the tunnel hopefully in 60 days.

Didn't ask for tax returns? What state are you in? Here in Colorado, the trustee seemed to ask most of his questions as he flipped through everyone's tax returns. It was what he was most interested in, here.

Comment

In Los Angeles the Trustee asked to see only the SS card and Driver's License. He didn't ask for any other document from any person in the hour or so I was there. And no one presented him with anything, so it didn't seem like he asked for anything in advance either.

Comment

I filed in NC. And didnt hear the trustee even bring up income tax returns....I guess its too early. The trustee did politely drilled a couple that lived in an upper scaled area House value approx 350k...plus 3 rental properties and a side business. The couple also had 17k save up in a retirement account.Whatever was said they got off with a no asset case also. I left after they did and noticed that he was sitting in a relatively new Lexus 430. I guess all is not what it seems? Everything went smoothly just like my lawyer said...his fee was 600.00 plus the 208 court cost. IMO worth it.

Comment

Makes it sound almost painless ... thanks for sharing, everybody!
          I'm in N. California ... Thanks for your replies!
          10/11/05: bought www.form7.com software
          10/14/05: Filed Ch 7 BK Petition pro se skeleton
          10/27/05: Filed all schedules, etc.
          11/17/05: 341 meeting (done!)
          01/16/06: Last day to file objections
          01/18/06: Discharged, closed

Bankruptcy LINKS

Comment

I hope it is for you. I spent a lot of energy stressing over it and couldn't even eat this morning before I went. I waited 30 minutes for my turn (got there early) and was done in probably two. Don't stress, it's not worth it. Unless you've done something shady or fraudulent, you should be fine.

Comment

In which district did you file? My 341 is monday in the middle district.
              "If the truth ceases to exist, then so shall we all."
              DEEJ

Comment

The Northern District, Dallas County. You should be fine, the only thing I've heard is that Texas is pretty laid back unless you are in the Eastern district.

Comment

Originally posted by Broke 2
                  The trustee did politely drilled a couple that lived in an upper scaled area House value approx 350k...plus 3 rental properties and a side business. The couple also had 17k save up in a retirement account.Whatever was said they got off with a no asset case also. I left after they did and noticed that he was sitting in a relatively new Lexus 430. I guess all is not what it seems?
                  hmmm maybe bankruptcy needed an overhaul after all

Comment

Originally posted by djt
                    In which district did you file? My 341 is monday in the middle district.

Im in the middle district also.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X