Dog Died -question on discovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dog Died -question on discovery

I had to put down our beloved family dog of ten years this week.

We are going to BK court in Oct to fight a presumption of abuse. The judge said last week was the deadline for the UST to deposition us and gather information for discovery.

Since this time has past, can the UST still request bank statements up to the court date, or has her time to do so past?

We spent a $1,000 we didn't have to try to save the dogs life, before realizing we couldn't help her. I am worried the UST will try to use this expense against us.

Thanks

I am so sorry about your dog. I know how hard it is. I lost one of mine yesterday as well.

I have not filed yet, but I have been wondering about how they look at pet expenses. I have spent about $3000 on my dogs this year.

Comment

Originally posted by goingcrzy View Post
      I had to put down our beloved family dog of ten years this week.

We are going to BK court in Oct to fight a presumption of abuse. The judge said last week was the deadline for the UST to deposition us and gather information for discovery.

Since this time has past, can the UST still request bank statements up to the court date, or has her time to do so past?

We spent a $1,000 we didn't have to try to save the dogs life, before realizing we couldn't help her. I am worried the UST will try to use this expense against us.

Thanks
      Worst thing that could happen is you have to repay the vet bill which I can't see happening as no one in their right mind would consider trying to save a dog's life a luxury item that must be challenged.

SandyShores

Comment

I would almost bet that it will not even be addressed other than perhaps to ask what the expense was for.
        Most people have been or are pet owners and know how it is.

Comment

Thanks guys. Hopefully the UST is a pet lover. (even though she sounds like a cranky old you know what!)

Comment

I am so sorry to read of your loss.
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

My dogs are my family. I understand and sympathize with your loss.

Comment

Thank you all. The worst part of this experience was when the idea of what the UST would think of this expense popped into my mind. I wish I could have had my final moments with my dog without those thoughts.

It made me realize I am spending way too much time worrying about our court case and not enough time with those I love.

Comment

I talked to one lawyer about my dogs. They are considered a household exemption if they are worth something. If they are neutered and just pets they are considered to have no value. I would attack it as a maintenance issue. If your car needed repair, It would not be consided a luxery item. You can exempt a certain amount of personal cash. If you have not used up all your wild card exemptions if you have them, why not use the dog vet bills? I guess I would not assume your creditors have hearts, but maybe someone will be on your side on this?

Comment

I am actually worried about my hot headed husband. He loved that dog. Anything bad the comes out of the USTs mouth and watch out!
                    Last edited by goingcrzy; 08-26-2009, 04:14 PM.

Comment

sorry for your loss . then maybe time to go adopt a dog/puppy before your meet with tt?

Comment

I am sorry to hear about your loss, you have my deepest condolences.

Surely let's hope the trustee has a heart, pets aren't just pets to alot of people, they are as much a part of the family as a child.

Best wishes.
                        Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X