Almost missed my own 341!!!!! (Long)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost missed my own 341!!!!! (Long)

My 341 is on Thursday Sept. 3. Tomorrow 1:45pm.

I decided today to fill out the Trustee's questionnaire (I procrastinated.)

As I was filling it out, I realized they had a typo on the date. They had it listed as today, Wednesday Sept. 2 at 1:45PM.

Looked at some of the other paperwork, and they TOO had it wrong! (today).

Wait for it..... (or did you already figure it out?)

My 341 was TODAY!!!!!! If I had not looked at the paperwork today, I would have shown up a day late.... That wouldn't have been good...

I got to the meeting room an hour before the meeting. The Trustee was leaving for lunch. He said to one of the lawyers that he had 5 minutes for lunch, so that he could stay on-time.

First person had $14,000 debt listed for her brother. She said she had paid him on that debt in the last year, but she didn't know how much. Trustee asked her how they were recording how much had been paid on it... 341 was continued until end of the month for her to get her information together.

Two of the people had a creditor show up. Nothing "combative". One was just presenting the reaffirmation agreement. The other was trying to find the address for the truck and camper trailer. The guy was evasive on the location of the trailer. Finally gave address information and confirmed that he was surrendering the stuff.

The person in front of me had filed pro-se. She hadn't filed her paystubs... Trustee pointed out that she had a vehicle listed as an asset, but didn't have it listed as an exemption... she had 10 days to amend her exemptions, or pay him the $750 (non-exempt asset). I liked my trustee, but was nervous that he was probably hungry, and had continued about half of the cases...

My turn. Answered in yes/no as much as possible (as recommended here). No big questions, nothing shocking, answered the questions on my own (didn't have to refer anything to my lawyer). Around 5 minutes later, he says that after reviewing the paperwork, questionnaire and questions, he has no further questions, so he is closing my 341!!!

My lawyer said that everything went very well, as we were leaving!!!

I have completed my second counselling class, and my lawyer said that he has already added that to my filing.

60 days! Here we go!

Man, I'm glad I noticed that I was wrong on the 341 date.... BEFORE the meeting!!!!! *whew*
    341 September 2, 2009 (5 minutes)
    Last day to object: November 2, 2009
    Discharged: November 3, 2009
    Closed: December 2, 2009! I'm done!!!!

Ouch!!!! Good thing you caught that!!!!!!! Congratz and welcome to the 60 days!!
    Filed Chapter 7: 06/29/2009 , 341 Meeting: 08/12 , Discharged: 10/16, Closed: 10/18

Comment

I actually had nightmares about this very thing. I literally looked at my 341 documents 5 times a day for the past 2 weeks. I was more nervous about missing the meeting than I was about the meeting itself.
      07/31/2009 - Filed Chapter 7 Western District NC
      09/02/2009 - 341 Meeting - DONE!
      11/02/2009 - Final date for objections
      11/09/2009 - Discharged & Closed!!!

Comment

Oh wow! Dodged a bullet there! Great news that all went well!

Comment

That was a close one!

SO glad it all worked out for ya!! Welcome to the 60 day club!!!
          Filed 8/2009
          Discharged & Closed 11/2009
          Now the rebuilding begins....

Comment

Congrats!
            7-2-2009 Filed
            8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
            10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

How funny. That is the type of thing that would happen to me! Glad things worked out. I hope my 341 goes as smoothly as yours!
              Filed: 8-19-09
              341: 9-21-09
              Notice of Discharge: 11-28-09

Comment

congrats and welcome to the club
                Filed on 7-17-09
                waiting for 341
                341 meeting 8-21-09
                discharged/ case closed 12/23/2009

Comment

Whew, that was a close one!!!

Glad to hear your 341 went off without a hitch and welcome to the 60 day club

May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                  May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                  May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                  9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Whew, glad you caught that in time, congratulations!
                    8-4-09 Filed pro se Chap 7 (I still can NOT believe I took that first step!:blink:)
                    8-25-09 Approved to proceed in forma pauperis.:unsure:
                    9-8-09 :dry:Trustee's Report of No Distribution.
                    11-18-09 :yahoo: Discharged! :clapping:

Comment

Someone was looking out for you eh? Congratulations.
                      Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
                      341 Meeting 09/09/09
                      Discharged 11/12/09
                      Closed 12/14/09

Comment

I remember that my lawyer called me that morning to remind me... we remembered anyways, but I imagine that it is pretty embarrassing for the lawyer when his client doesn't show.
                        Filed 8/08 - Discharged 11/08! Not tracking FICO.
                        Pre-Bankruptcy Net Worth: -$72,000... Today's net worth: $142,000.
                        If your FICO score just went higher than your net worth, and you are happy about this, you might have a financial problem!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X