"Pledging Accounts" of Bankruptcy Debtors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Pledging Accounts" of Bankruptcy Debtors

The $3000 would ONLY be viable in your BK district. Each state has its own exemptions allowed and California is extremely generous in their exemptions. For others that read this thread check your states exemptions before you have a $3000 balance. Check here: www.legalconsumer.com
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

The first thing my attorney told me was to get my money out of Wells Fargo. I had an account there since 1995, so I felt bad about it but I did change banks.

He never mentioned any specific balance, just said to close the account.
      Filed: 9/9/2009
      341: 10/13, went well!
      Discharged 12/17/2009

Comment

My attorney said the same about Wells Fargo. In fact, he said that the TT's in California are getting made at Wells, because they are freezing accounts that have been exempted and then the already burdened court system is having to send letters to unfreeze these poor folks bank accounts.
        Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
        341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
        Discharged: 11/30/2009
        Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

I have a Wells Fargo account and nothing was frozen, of course I didn't have over $3k in the account

There was another poster (in Calif) here recently that had over $10k in her WF's account and they froze all her money and she had to fight to get SOME of it back!
          May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
          May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
          May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
          9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Wells Fargo had been my bank for quite a few years. When i decided earlier this year, that filing was in my future, i open up an account with a Credit Union and switched my direct deposit. The Wells account dwindled down to nothing and they closed it. i did this just prior to defaulting on the 2 cards we had with them. I also had my wife remove her name from her Mothers Chase checking so they would not freeze that. It's all about proper planning.
            Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X