Filed, got case number, and creditors meeting date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filed, got case number, and creditors meeting date

Ok so I officially filed on 9/22 and today I recieved documents from my attorney stating the meeting of the creditors is set for Nov 3rd at 3.30pm and last day for objections is Jan 4th 2010. My attorney calls this a party, LOL! Does it take that long? When would I expect discharge? I'm relieved that I'm filed and things are moving along. I'm also ashamed because I borrowed the money and believe I still should pay it back. I feel horrible I hosed all these banks.

Also, if I have an exemption, say balance in the bank of $100 am I able to go spend that or does it have to stay there until discharge?
    9/22/2009 - officially filed chapter 7
    11/03/2009 - scheduled 341 - COMPLETED
    01/04/2010 - last day for objections
    01/11/2010 - DISCHARGED & CLOSED

Originally posted by drowningNdebt View Post
    I feel horrible I hosed all these banks.

Did you ever get interest rate increase of 20% because you submitted your online payment at 3pm instead of 1pm?
    Did you ever get a credit limit decrease for no reason whatsoever?
    Did you ever call and ask your bank for a hardship program only to have them tell you they don't offer anything?
    Did you ever have a bank call you 15 times a day because you are one day past due with a $10 minimum payment?

Think of it this way...you know all that bailout money Washington sent to the banks?? You know who paid for that???...you and me (and ever other taxpayer in this country.)

NO NOT FEEL HORRIBLE FOR ONE SECOND!!!

Comment

but gratz on finally filing

Comment

I'm also ashamed because I borrowed the money and believe I still should pay it back. I feel horrible I hosed all these banks.
        We have an American Express card that we had never been late on, never missed a payment, never near the credit limit and always paid more then the minimum due. What did we get for that? Out of the blue they raised our interest rate to 27.24%.

No shame here. I so much enjoyed giving them my BK Attorney information.
        Stopped Payings CC's: 8/14/2009 | Retained Attorney: 9/23/2009 | Filed CH 7: 12/7/2009 | 341 Meeting: 1/21/2010 - Complete | Discharged: 4/9/2010
        "One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth."

Comment

Originally posted by mike258 View Post
          Did you ever get interest rate increase of 20% because you submitted your online payment at 3pm instead of 1pm?
          Did you ever get a credit limit decrease for no reason whatsoever?
          Did you ever call and ask your bank for a hardship program only to have them tell you they don't offer anything?
          Did you ever have a bank call you 15 times a day because you are one day past due with a $10 minimum payment?

Think of it this way...you know all that bailout money Washington sent to the banks?? You know who paid for that???...you and me (and ever other taxpayer in this country.)

NO NOT FEEL HORRIBLE FOR ONE SECOND!!!
          Exactly.

DON'T FEEL BAD! If you had an AMEX, Citi, Chase, CapOne, Discover, ETC they screw far more people than screw them.

I do personally feel bad about screwing my credit union. They've never done anything to me. But faced with paying $500/mon on a car thats $9k underwater I think I'll get over it.
          Filed 10/8/09
          341 11/2/09
          Last Day For Objections 1/4/10
          Discharged 1/5/10

Comment

anyone know the answer to this question;

If I exempted say $100 dollars in my bank account can I spend this now or does it belong to the BK estate until discharge?
            9/22/2009 - officially filed chapter 7
            11/03/2009 - scheduled 341 - COMPLETED
            01/04/2010 - last day for objections
            01/11/2010 - DISCHARGED & CLOSED

Comment

anyone know the answer to this question;

If I exempted say $100 dollars in my bank account can I spend this now or does it belong to the BK estate until discharge?
              If it's exempt, its yours. You can buy $100 worth of jelly beans if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by LimpDisc View Post
                We have an American Express card that we had never been late on, never missed a payment, never near the credit limit and always paid more then the minimum due. What did we get for that? Out of the blue they raised our interest rate to 27.24%.

No shame here. I so much enjoyed giving them my BK Attorney information.
                Same here....for no reason at all!! Screw AMEX, as soon as they did that (they also lowered my credit limit to $200 ABOVE the balance!) ALL my other cards followed suit because "I was maxed out on my AMEX account, thus causing my credit score to drop...ALL my cards went from 3.9-9.99% to 28-31%!!!
                May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mike258 View Post
                  If it's exempt, its yours. You can buy $100 worth of jelly beans if you want.
                  ...which, in this economy, won't necessarily get you a whole lot.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X