Car loan from family member after filing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car loan from family member after filing

I filed 09/18/2009. My 341 is on 10/16/2009. My stepmom is going to loan me some cash for a nicer vehicle with a warranty. Should I wait, or am I safe as long as she is listed as the lienholder on the title? What if she and I agree not to list her on the title as a lien? Can the Trustee look at this as my asset and take it from me even though I had already filed?
    Filed 09/18/2009
    341 10/16/2009
    Last day to object 12/15/2009

You should wait till after your 341.

Comment

What about any financial support occurring the day after filing? If you played the game the past 6 months to stay under the Means Test, why must it still be played AFTER you file? This is insane. One must go on and feed his family until work can be found and more can be earned on your own. At the point I file, I will take any help I can get from my dear family and move on. This is all a bit riduculous. It is not permanent income. It is a bridge to a new life. In any case it is after the Filing date.

Comment

Dakota, there is a difference in getting many thousands to buy a car and getting money from family to buy groceries and keep the lights on.

To the OP, your 341 is in less than 2 weeks. Do this the smart way. Let her buy it and keep it in her name until discharge. She can let your use the car until you're discharged. At that point transfer title.
        Don't get your Mom involved in being a leinholder on a car loan. She makes a mistake on the paperwork and the trustee could snatch that car.

Comment

Originally posted by keepmine View Post
          Dakota, there is a difference in getting many thousands to buy a car and getting money from family to buy groceries and keep the lights on.

To the OP, your 341 is in less than 2 weeks. Do this the smart way. Let her buy it and keep it in her name until discharge. She can let your use the car until you're discharged. At that point transfer title.
          Don't get your Mom involved in being a leinholder on a car loan. She makes a mistake on the paperwork and the trustee could snatch that car.

Thank you, my lawyer advised me on this just now as well.
          Filed 09/18/2009
          341 10/16/2009
          Last day to object 12/15/2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X