A new issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new issue

We included our pickup and camper trailer in our BK AFTER we converted to a 7 from a 13. They were financed through our local credit union. We were discharged in July and they are just now contacting us about getting them. My question is this. Are we still responsible for having them insured or is it now the issue of the credit union?

anybody?

Comment

I would asume as long as you have them, you would have to have them insured. But I'm not 100% sure
      Filed 10/8/09
      341 11/2/09
      Last Day For Objections 1/4/10
      Discharged 1/5/10

Comment

Originally posted by indigoblue View Post
        anybody?
        I would be nervous to not have insurance on something that was still in my possession. That's just me though. I work in the legal field, so I'm ultra-paranoid about that kind of thing. Having said that, I don't think you are obligated to keep insurance on the car if it is the bank's property technically. Maybe you could notify the bank in writing and file a "notice of release" of liability with the DMV? Again, I'm really paranoid about that stuff!
        Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
        341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
        Discharged: 11/30/2009
        Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

I think the little extra it is going to cost to insure them till gone. keep them covered. You don't need more headaches.

Comment

I have kept them covered. Thanks!

Comment

I still have my car that I included in BK and waiting to hear when they will come get it. I still have it insured.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X