341 meeting today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 meeting today

Well, time has come for our 341 meeting. It is scheduled for 1pm today in downtown Houston. Were only told to bring dl and ss card, and no more. I asked our attorney if having 2 cars would be a problem. 1 is paid off and in both mine and my wifes name, and the other is in my name and still being paid on. Our atty said no problem since Texas allows 1 vehicle per licensed driver. Also asked if he thought they would be wanting 2005 taxes, and he said that he's never heard of them wanting them, and he's been in practice for over 10 years.

So wish us luck and pray for us!!
    Filed: 10/11/05 DONE
    341 Meeting: 11/21/05 DONE
    Last day for Objections: 1/20/06 DONE
    Discharged: 1/26/06
    CLOSED!! 3/16/06 :yahoo: :D

well, over and done with!! We were scheduled for 1pm. Showed up around noon, but couldn't see any cases before. We all had to stand in this narrow hallway, and the meetings were behind closed doors. Were asked the usual questions. The trustee made a comment that we had "quite a large DVD collection". We have 127 DVD's, but 90% of those are kids movies which our kids have received over the years for Xmas/Birthday. Then at the end stated that he declares this a no asset case and recommends discharge of all debts. Now to wait the 60 day period for objections.

As far as 2005 taxes.......we had to read an information sheet, and it stated that if you will end up receiving over $1000 for 2005's income tax, that we have to report it to the trustee. I asked our atty about this, and if we needed to report (we usually get $6000'ish) and he said no. Trustee didn't physically say anything about taxes either.

There was one guy there that was dressed in a sweat suit and BMW cap, and had a smarta$$ for an atty. He was the only one that had a creditor show up (Conn's). Evidentally, this guy racked up over $7000 between March and July........and they wanted their stuff back. He told the guy from Conn's that he was no longer in possession of the items. The Conn's guy asked where the stuff was. Said he had sold it for $500 to help pay some bills. The Conn's guy was out raged...................and so was his own atty. Lol. Anyways, he and his atty were also scheduled for 1pm and thought that he and his client should have first priority because his client has "other things that he needs to take care of". And we don't??? Then while we're in our meeting, the atty pops his head in the office and asks our trustee when we were going to be done because his client has to be on the other side of town in 30 minutes to work. Trustee was not pleased one bit. Not getting too many brownie points there, bud!!!

Comment

Sounds like you had an interesting day at the 341!

Yeah, Trustee's don't like anyone pulling their chain.... its their room, their meeting, and you are at their mercy..... AND THEY KNOW THAT FOR SURE!!

Glad your meeting went well..... glad their not going after your future income taxes (that's luck).....

Now start rebuilding your credit status and start by checking out the "rebuilding your credit" in Catagory 2 of the forum.

If we can help, ask questions.

Minny
      Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Will do!!!!!

Comment

Best of luck. I've read that property or income acquired within 180 days of filing can be considered part of the bankruptcy estate and must be reported... ask your attorney again about that. I've also read here that many trustees ask for the tax refunds.
          I'm in N. California ... Thanks for your replies!
          10/11/05: bought www.form7.com software
          10/14/05: Filed Ch 7 BK Petition pro se skeleton
          10/27/05: Filed all schedules, etc.
          11/17/05: 341 meeting (done!)
          01/16/06: Last day to file objections
          01/18/06: Discharged, closed

Bankruptcy LINKS

Comment

suprdav2, whoo hoo great to hear! now you are in the 60 days club!
            Im not an attorney or a trustee. You cant trust me either though!

[x] - Done with 341? Join the 60 Day Club! ___________[x] - Im Discharged! Whoo Hooo!
            [x] - Poll: Should I File Pro-Se ____________________[x] - New BK Law: Median Income, Means Testing and Presumptive Abuse
            [x] - Zombie Debt Collectors Dig Up Your Old Mistakes _-[x] - Bankruptcy Law Resource
            [x] - Need A Fast Answer? Available 24/7!--__________[x] - Dont Be A Hero On Your Budget - You Wont Get An Award!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X