Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then the trustee asked, "Well what about a desk?"

ok i couldnt pass it up lol

what great things has the trustee asked you during your 341 meeting?

THIS TAKES THE CAKE SO FAR: Then the trustee asked, "Well what about a desk?"
    Im not an attorney or a trustee. You cant trust me either though!

[x] - Done with 341? Join the 60 Day Club! ___________[x] - Im Discharged! Whoo Hooo!
    [x] - Poll: Should I File Pro-Se ____________________[x] - New BK Law: Median Income, Means Testing and Presumptive Abuse
    [x] - Zombie Debt Collectors Dig Up Your Old Mistakes _-[x] - Bankruptcy Law Resource
    [x] - Need A Fast Answer? Available 24/7!--__________[x] - Dont Be A Hero On Your Budget - You Wont Get An Award!

oh i need to add that my attorney, my trustee, my US trustee and my judge for my own BK case would never do anything silly, wrong or incorrect. they are always professional and very nice looking people too. god bless them and all the hard work they do to 'help me' in my time of need.

[x] - Done with 341? Join the 60 Day Club! ___________[x] - Im Discharged! Whoo Hooo!
    [x] - Poll: Should I File Pro-Se ____________________[x] - New BK Law: Median Income, Means Testing and Presumptive Abuse
    [x] - Zombie Debt Collectors Dig Up Your Old Mistakes _-[x] - Bankruptcy Law Resource
    [x] - Need A Fast Answer? Available 24/7!--__________[x] - Dont Be A Hero On Your Budget - You Wont Get An Award!

Comment

Have you been in the liquor cabinet, or did someone sneak something in my d. pepsi 'cause your first post doesn't make sense to me. What about the desk?
      Most of my information is from personal experience or HOURS and HOURS of online research. When you're searching online, keep in mind there is no guarantee that the info is completely up to date, and your situation is unique from anyone else's. Do your homework, and consult with an attorney so you can make an informed decision.

Comment

Originally posted by StaciMM
        Have you been in the liquor cabinet, or did someone sneak something in my d. pepsi 'cause your first post doesn't make sense to me. What about the desk?

Read Wednesday's recent thread. A nickel & dimer trustee was looking for a worthless desk to see if he can take it I guess as a non exempt asset. Times must be tough for some of them too I guess.

Comment

Yeah that Trustee of mine seen the bad title on the home and jumped up and down and yelled 'GOLDMINE".....
          HE SAW $$$$$$$$$ in the pocket for him....

Nice people, you could fool me!!!

Minny
          Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Wow, that is really wild.
            I'm still shocked that my trustee seemed to not care about ANYTHING.
            I guess they're all human.
            Some greedy, some not, some nice, some not.

Comment

Haha, just saw this thread...just to play devil's advocate, I ought to reveal that my husband is a lawyer. I never like to say that because people get weird about it. He worked for a crappy law firm that didn't pay that great in the first place and then laid him off when our son was 6 weeks old. I had complications and surgery after our son's birth so on top of the unemployment we had a lot of medical bills (insurance only covers so much, unfortunately). We ended up paying a lot of our day to day bills with credit cards for nearly a year and it just got out of control. We do not have anything like the lifestyle people assume a lawyer and his family would have. We live in a very modest house and drive older cars, buy everything used, etc. DH started his own solo law practice about a year ago and things are getting better, but it is still very much paycheck to paycheck.

Anyway...getting back to what the trustee said...I think he was imagining my husband having a fancy office and a huge shiny mahogany desk and one of those $800 executive chairs...hahahaha...as if. The truth is one of DH's clients is a company that rents out meeting space, and part of their arrangement is DH can meet with other clients there whenever he needs to. So if someone comes to DH's "office" it looks pretty nice and professional, but of course none of the furniture or anything are actually owned by DH. But the trustee didn't know about any of that.

Comment

Thanks for giving more info! I figured your trustee was just fishing to see if there was more to the story. (Not that he really wanted a desk, was just testing the waters when you said your DH had no business assets.)
                Most of my information is from personal experience or HOURS and HOURS of online research. When you're searching online, keep in mind there is no guarantee that the info is completely up to date, and your situation is unique from anyone else's. Do your homework, and consult with an attorney so you can make an informed decision.

Comment

lets call a sponge a sponge here staci...

he asked for the desk so he wants the desk.

the trustee is a slimmy worm

Comment

He asked about the desk because if there was a desk, there was probably MORE. Its the MORE he was after... (Gotta think bigger, LOL.)

Comment

ok so you are discriminating because the trustee is male and you are applying the "males always want MORE then what they first ask for" rules hehe

me, well im applying the "trustees are greedy, want everything, including your the desk" rule. in fact, im suprised he didnt ask for the damn lamp on the desk and pencils in the drawer too!

Comment

I'm not discriminating, LOL! Just think it was more of a trick question. Kind of like the worm on the end of the hook-its bait and the idea is to see if you get a bite.

Comment

Or maybe he thought it was an antique desk w/ a hidden compartment full of valuables. (But still, its more than a desk. I won't budge on that.)

Comment

my final answer is he really wanted the desk. he probably imagined himself behind it after he took it from the debtor. he wanted to be a real attorney and finally have a real desk. he probably asked the next person if they had any plants too!

question: how much slobber was rolling around the side of his mouth when he asked you for the desk?

Comment

"Or maybe he thought it was an antique desk w/ a hidden compartment full of valuables."

see i knew it! you are discriminating because he is male. thats exactly the same reason guys ask girls out on dates.

i win!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X