What a bunch of jerks !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a bunch of jerks !

I went ahead and answered a call from Discover ( I never take collector calls)
    because they were calling every half hour a zillion times a day.. I'm only 10 days late on my first missed payment with them.. This lady gets on the phone with me and says " Is this Ned so & so and I said " Yes".. I coundn't understand half of what she was saying... she goes on and says " Ya latez witha yas monthlyezz prrryment Iz needz now youse never been latez youse beenz a goodz cutomerz"... Ned said " Huh, I'm out of work and I'm looking for work I was laid off , I'm sorry ,thats why I'm late"... she then said " Yas Ned ,dat not mye problem, Iz neeedz prrryment now, du rent or own yas hume ( home ) Ned. ? ".
    Ned " I'm living in a rental '....
    She says " Iz needz a prrryment todayzz cuz itz hertz yas credit score ya no Ned".... Ned said '"I don't have any money thats why I'm late I have none to send to you I've lost my job "... She says " Iz ya lucky dayz Iz gunno takez $50.00 dollars off partz of theez $ 120.00 late fee todayz andz makea itz $70.00 latez fee and putz yas on a prryment planz
    andz insteadz of monthlyz prryment of $ 200.00 Iz gunno makez yourz
    monthlyz prrryment $ 299.00 and lower u interstz ratez from 16.4% to 9% IF youz maka this newz prrryment fur 12 monthz , youse getzz dis newz interestz ratez Ize needz furst prrrrymentz tudayz of $299.00 Iz needz a checking accountz giva meeez onez nowz"... Ned said " No thanks I can't pay anything I have no money and I don't know when I can pay and I closed this account down 3 years ago and I was current on the payments until now because I have lost my job'... She says " IZ GIVING YAZ A GREAT DEALZ YOUSE DONT UNDURSTANDZ WHATZ IZ TELLIN YAS IZ DUNT DO DIS 4 NOBODYZ ELSE ONLYZ YOUSE IZ GETZA YAS MYA SUPERVIZERRR !!!!! ".
    Supervisor comes on and says to Ned " Hi there,I'm Cindi, I'm sorry, I don't think Merchurka explained it very well to you, If you allow us to change your monthly payment from $ 200.00 to $299.00 monthly payment and you pay it for 12 months we will lower your interest from 16.4% to 9%". Ned said " If I can't afford the $ 200.00 now, how am I going to afford the $299.00, don't you have a hardship plan ? " Supervisor says " Ned , this is best we can do for a so-called hardship plan ( she giggles ), you could go to a friend and asked them if you could let us ( Discover ) take a draft of $299.99 for December and $299.00 for January for a grand total of $ 598.00 in a one time draft today, or you could take your unemployment debit money card and see about setting it up for us to start drawing out of it on a regular basis $299.00 monthly, you can call the unemployment office and they will know how to do this or we need a checking account of yours today, now". Ned said " I really do not think thats possible for the my checking account as it has zero balance in it, and as far as the unemployment debit money card goes that's a no go , but I am going to call my state unemployment office and tell them what you want me to do and perhaps my state's attorney general office too while I'm at it, and as far as my friend is concerned on their checking account that too is a no go and I'm telling you I am unemployed and have been laid off from my job I do NOT want this change of paymentThanks and goodbye." What a bunch of jerks!!!!!

Dude! I talked to that same person today only she was calling from Barclays!!

I kept telling her we HAVE NO MONEY!!!

Finally I hung up.
    Attorney Retained/Paid: 1-4-10
    Online CCC-Completed & Cert Received: 1-8-10
    Filed Chapter 7 1-18-10.
    341 3-10-10 ~~~ Last Day to Object: 5-10-10

Comment

I hear ya! And these cc companies wonder why you have to end up filing BK!!

Comment

I had a similar experience with my Juniper/Barclay's Bank card. Before we decided to file BK, I called them and asked if they had a hardship plan, because I had problems making the payments.

The lady said: "No, we don't. I can give you a good deal today though, if you make a payment now. We will get rid of your late payment fees, if you agree to pay $60 a month for the next three months."

Me: "Uhh, lady, the minimum payment before was only $35. If I can't make that payment, what in the world makes you think I can afford $60 a month?"

Juniper: "Yes sir, well, we would be removing the late fees on the account. If you will provide me with your checking account and routing number, I will get this set up for you today."

Me: "I don't have the money to give you."

Juniper: "Well, can you borrow it from someone? Or sell some things? This is a great deal, and will eliminate your late fees!"

Me: "Look, I don't have anything to sell. I could try to get a loan from someone I know. What's the address I would need to send the payment to?" (I just wanted her off my back at this point, figured I could make them stop calling for a few weeks if I told them I would *try* to send in a payment)

Juniper: "Yes sir, the address is: <address>. Now, make sure you mail the payment early, it needs to be here by the 30th or we will not remove your fees"

"Okay. Bye."

Turned to my wife and said: "Well, they aren't going to get paid! They want almost double the payment for the next three months..."

Comment

On the flipside, I'd hate to have that job, just harrassing people 8 hours a day. I'd go insane. Must be a huge turnover rate in that field.
          Retained Lawyer: 04/2009 Filed: 09/2009 341 Meeting: 10/2009 Discharged: 12/2009 Asset: 05/2010 made asset Closed: 07/2013 after 47 long months

Comment

I know what you mean they are all a bunch of crooks" IZE NEEDZ A PRRRRYMENTZ TUDAYZ IZE GIVA YOUZ A GREATZ DEALZ!!! NO DEAL!

Comment

Originally posted by CCsAreEvil View Post
              On the flipside, I'd hate to have that job, just harrassing people 8 hours a day. I'd go insane. Must be a huge turnover rate in that field.
              I think there are people out there that enjoy that sort of thing. Kind of like the people that volunteer to be code enforcement officers..They just love to harass others and be in a position of power over others. Probably a large number of college students too, just trying to pay their way through school and a job is a job.

Oh well, I enjoy messing with them. It's not too often that I get to just talk over the other person in a phone call. That's what I've started doing with all of these people now. I just don't let them talk. I figure if they can't get a word in, then they can't harass me.

Comment

I almost told Merchurka when she asked me if I rent or own my home I almost told her " Why yes I am renting a pod box". LoL But I thought better of it.

Comment

I dont even say hello anymore, I answer like this, "I understand that this call may be recorded for quality assurance purposes, what would you like me to say?" Then they usually repeat the recoding bit and ask if I would be able to make a payment, then I repeat "what would you like me to say?" At that point I give my bit on out of work in construction in SoCal pretty much the kiss of death for paying bills right now and if I get work I'll pay until then its nada.

Comment

Sound like she was working for ACORN
                    Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Hey Ned, don't knock the podbox. It sure is better than the green box Wheezze bin in for dayz.

LOL, Ned that was a classic that made my day. 'Hub
                      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Albacore, you keep tempting me with that Avitar? Youze went 2 caase me D'vorse?
                        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                          Hey Ned, don't knock the podbox. It sure is better than the green box Wheezze bin in for dayz.

LOL, Ned that was a classic that made my day. 'Hub

LOL andz itz reelz easyz tu move tu a nu plaze

Comment

I posted this in collections, but thought it would fly here too..

Phone ring: "hello"
                            Person: "hello, is (my wifes name) there"
                            Me: "No, (and I glance at my clock, it's 11:20) she will be home at 11:00"
                            Person: (slight pause) "11:00 this morning"?
                            Me: "That is correct".
                            Person:"it's 11:22 now, she is late".
                            Me: "exactly"
                            Person: "is she normally late"?
                            Me: "Nope".
                            Person: "she is late this time".
                            Me: "No, she called and told me she was running behind".
                            Person: (slight pause) "Then she wont be home at 11:00, when will she"?
                            Me: "You are correct".
                            Person (slight pause) "Could you have her call us at xxxxxxxxxxx".
                            Me: "I'm her husband maybe I can help you".
                            Person: "I'm calling about her past due account"
                            Me: "oh, then you will want to talk with me on that matter".
                            Person: "she is the card holder I need to speak with her. Are you authorized to speak for her".
                            Me: "As far as you know I am".
                            Person: "Is there any information you can give me as to when this account will be brought up to current"?
                            Me: "of course".
                            Person: (slight pause again). "When would that be".
                            Me: "Yesterday".
                            Person: "Your account was brought up to current yesterday"?
                            Me: "that is correct".
                            Person: "I'm not showing it's current".
                            Me: "Are you looking at the statement now"?
                            Person: "yes".
                            Me: "and it's past due"?
                            Person: "yes".
                            Me: "Oh, I got the accounts mixed up, I'm not good with numbers, you will want to speak with my wife, she will be home at 11:00".
                            Person (another long pause) "Please have her call us at xxxxxxxxxxx".
                            Me: "was that xxxxxxxxY"?
                            Person: "no it's xxxxxxxxxxx".
                            Me: "xxxxxxyxxxx"
                            Person: "no, it's xxxxxxxxxxx".
                            Me: "oh, sorry I was hearing xxxxxxyxxxx, I'm not good with numbers you know".
                            Person: "Do you have the correct number now"?
                            Me:" yes it's xxxxxyxxxy"
                            Person: "Do you have an answering machine".
                            Me: "yes".
                            Person: "I will call back and leave the number on it".
                            Me: "But I'm here, and will answer the phone".
                            Person: "Don't answer and I will leave the message".
                            Me: "Um, okay".
                            Person: "good bye".
                            Me: "good bye".
                            Five mins later the phone rings...
                            Me: "hello".
                            Person: "you weren't suppose to answer, I'm leaving the number on your answering machine".
                            Me: "Oh, I didn't know it was you, thought maybe it was my wife she's late you know".
                            Person: "Yes I know. Does she have a cell phone she can be reached at"?
                            Person: "May I have that number"?
                            Me: "Sure Press 1 and hit send"
                            Person: "Sorry?".
                            Me: "Oh, I mean I press 1 on my cell phone and send and it's her number".
                            Person: "Do you know the actual number?".
                            Me: "No, just the speed dial".
                            Person: "Do you have your cell phone with you".
                            Person: "can you bring up that number"?
                            Me: "it's on the charger"
                            Person: "I will call back this evening"
                            Me: "we are going out this evening".
                            Person: "then I will leave the call back number on your machine".
                            Me: "You can call back now, I wont answer this time".
                            Person: "thank you, good bye".
                            Me: "your wel..." phone went dead, she hung up before I finished.
                            less then one min later.. Phone rings..
                            Me: "hello".
                            "click". they hung up

I really look forward to these calls. I'm a stay at home husband and need the entertainment....
                            In a perfect world every dog has a home, and every home has a dog.

Comment

Lolollolol!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X