top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attorney says I have nothing to worry about...what do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attorney says I have nothing to worry about...what do you think?

I'm considering filing for bankruptcy. My attorney says I'm a no asset case and there shouldn't be any problems.

I have $60K in personal credit card debt. My 5 year lease agreement with my fathers business will end in January and I'm not going to renew. The business isn't making any money and I will thus be unemployed. I didn't own the assets, they were included with the lease.

Another issue is that in 2008 I transferred $15K from one of my cards to a personal checking account. I only used the $15K to make payments on the cards and to make ends meet (utilities, food, etc). I've had this card for 13 years, always on time, and I've made similar balance transfers with this card in the past.

My attorney says a Chapter 7 will be a slam dunk, no problems. What do you guys think?

I think he's right.

I have about 75k in cc debt... and my 341 is tomorrow...

no worries

Comment

i think your lawyer is right. the 15K was very, very long ago and is not a problem.
      filed ch7 May 09
      341 june 09
      discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

I have over 100K in cc debt and made many cash advances a year prior to filing with no issues. I think through this process, I worried about a lot of things that I really didn't need to worry about. I think your attorney is correct, relax.

Comment

The 2008 transfer is over a year old, and I presume you've been making payments on it. Shouldn't be a problem.
          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
          Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X