• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creditor Hired Recovery Managment Company

Filed BK7 on 1/16/10:
    341 on 3/16/10 (No Asset)
    Discharged 5/17/10 (Fresh Start)

I'm thinking that's the idiot in Florida that files on almost every bankruptcy case he can. Ramesh Singh I think it is. Nothing to worry about.
    Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

I live in Southern California and for us Recovery Management Systems was who repo'd our 40 ft toy hauler and took it to Chino Hills.
      They filed with the court so they could pick it up during the stay.

Comment

Ok, so was the filing a notice of appearance or a motion to lift the stay? If it's a notice of appearance then it's nothing to worry about.

I had these guys file a notice of appearance on my case, but nobody filed for a lift of the stay. I called the lender on my 5th wheel and they said, "thanks, we'll wait for discharge." and they did.
        Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

sounds lilke a collection agency to me. nothing to worry about.

Comment

That’s correct Bobmango, it is Ramesh Singh. The filing states this is a “For Service of Notices Pursuant to Fed. R. Bank R.P. 2002(g)”. It does appear to be a collection agency. The filing reads as followed:

Please Take Notice that Recovery Management Systems Corporation (Recovery Management) as authorized agent for GE Money Bank (Wal-Mart) [last four digit of account:XXXX], a creditor in the above-captioned chapter 7 case, requested, pursuant to rules 2002 and 9007 of the Federal rules of Bankruptcy Procedure (the Bankruptcy Rules) and sections 102(1), 342, and 1109(b) of title 11 of the Untied stated Code, 11 U.S.C. 101, et seq. (as amended, the Bankruptcy Code), that all noticed given or required to be given and all papers served or required to be served in this case be also given to and served whether electronically or otherwise, on:

GE Money Bank
            c/o Recovery Management Systems Corp.
            25 SE 2n Avenue, Suite 1120
            Miami, FL 33131-1605
            Attn: Ramesh Singh
            (305)379-7674
            Email: [email protected]

Thanks to all who replied.
            Filed BK7 on 1/16/10:
            341 on 3/16/10 (No Asset)
            Discharged 5/17/10 (Fresh Start)

Comment

Yep, this fellow just filed on my bk7...ugh, I'm at negative $1100 in disposable income, not sure what he thinks he is going to get.

I will be pissed however if my awaiting discharge status changes because of him.

Originally posted by BobMango View Post
              I'm thinking that's the idiot in Florida that files on almost every bankruptcy case he can. Ramesh Singh I think it is. Nothing to worry about.
              Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

Originally posted by BobMango View Post
                I had the same dope file on behalf of a credit card account I hadn't used in 3 years, with, of course, a $0 balance.

Comment

Same here, they filed something as well....but was no issue so far.
                  Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
                  FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
                  FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

I was on PACER this morning to see if there'd been any change in my case (had my 341 yesterday, so the Trustee's report is nigh) and to double-check that my debtor education course certificate had been noted (not yet). I noticed that I'd received a similar filing on behalf of FIA (BofA, formerly MBNA). I had two cards with them - the smaller one went to Gurstel Chargo (eventual judgment), so this one had me scratching my head. I checked out the company online - I'm betting that they're a big user of PACER...seems like they automate a lot of bankruptcy-related processes for creditors, trying to make sure their clients maximize their chances in such circumstances.

In my case, they'd be trying to get water out of a rock. I'm unemployed (last I checked, creditors can't take that), and the trustee already declared me no-asset. So unless I really screwed up my filling somehow, or answered a question somehow wrong yesterday....

Comment

Hi all,

Not to worry, won't change your discharge date, won't change your situation, money, assets, exemptions, etc.

It just means that if you are an asset case and the trustee is going to be handing out money, they want to see if they can get in the line of creditors waiting for a handout.

At first I thought this was a ridiculous practice but now I am seeing why it could be profitable....search BK filings, put in request for notice, search creditors matrix for companies you work with, sort out no-asset cases, file claims in asset cases, see what happens. If most of this process can be done automatically or electronically it just might be profitable....

...but I digress, it has nothing to do w/ your side of the BK

Tom in Colo
                      Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X