Does Trustee Investigate Personal Property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Trustee Investigate Personal Property

I filed prose last week (Colorado). I found the personal property valuation to be the most difficult part. All of our personal property finally "fit" into the State exemptions.

I had done a detailed inventory of what we have and used eBay and Craig's List extensively. I have research to back-up my estimates. I probably gave too much detail but I tend to be obsessive sometimes.

I see a lot of comments that in Florida the trustees send out personal property appraisers routinely.

Does that happen often elsewhere?

Can they do this before the 341 meeting - or will I have some warning if the Trustee questions our personal property?

Thanks

Almost never happens outside of Florida, unless there are obvious signs of fraud on a very big scale.

You won't have to worry about this, with near certainty.

Here in FL, where it DOES happen, people were notified at our 341 meeting if they were to be appraised.
    11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
    12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
    3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

Personal property was a big concern for me as well. I was going room by room getting detailed valuations. In the end my attorney just asked us vague questions like how many beds, how many televisions, no detail whatsoever. Filed as no asset. Discharged last week!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X