Can someone tell me what this means?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone tell me what this means?

I just saw this entry on a free bankruptcy record site where I looked up our case:

Notice of appearance and request for notice filed by Recovery Management Systems Corp. Proof of service. (Recovery Management Systems Corp) (Entered: 03/04/2010)

Seriously, I have no clue what it means and I'm freaking out about everything today. Does this mean they're coming to our 341?

I can see that the "Request for Notice" is just that the are the collection agency for one of my original creditors and that they want to be sent all documents related to our case. I still don't know what the "Notice of Appearance" is. If a creditor shows up, I think I'll pass out.

Comment

It means that a creditor (recovery management systems) has interest in some of your debt and wants to be notified of all filings in your case. They file notices for many many filers it is very common and means nothing. Basically, they want to know if there are going to be any assets and what the status of the case is, and want the court to send them automatic updates. It should not affect you at all.
      You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
        It means that a creditor (recovery management systems) has interest in some of your debt and wants to be notified of all filings in your case. They file notices for many many filers it is very common and means nothing. Basically, they want to know if there are going to be any assets and what the status of the case is, and want the court to send them automatic updates. It should not affect you at all.
        AMEX has a law firm in Pa. that did that on my petition. It's nothing to worry about.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X