top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

341 is over, TT no-show, mistaken identity...but on my way.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 is over, TT no-show, mistaken identity...but on my way.

Hey all...

First i'd like to thank everyone who helped me out with my numerous questions when i was first looking into filing my non-consumer BK...especially Frogger, biotech, southernbelle, and justbroke. It was quite confusing and i credit this fantastic board with getting my head straight with regards to my rights as a non-consumer debtor with a high income. Without your help and reassurances...in addition with a very competant and responsive lawyer, i'm not sure i would have made it.

Anyhow, interesting 341. I was nervous, but not terribly b/c i felt i was very prepared. Arrived about 30 minutes early before the the TT was there. My trustee is a woman and she was to be the TT for the hours worth of cases (at least). A man came in (come to find out another trustee), and announced she wasn't able to make it, that she was still our trustee, but that he would be holding the meetings. He seemed to ask a few follow up questions, but mainly stuck to the script, simply yes or no's. You could tell he was trying to get a bit of info from folks, but according to my lawyer not nearly as much as the original TT would have.

I was called and went through the normal questions. About halfway through he said "can you tell me about Travis Frye?". I said, "excuse me". He said "you're holding a Chrysler Sebring for someone name Travis Frye". I replied "um...that's not me". My lawyer agreed. He showed us the paper from the petition, definitely not me...clearly misplaced by someone preparing the papers for the TT. He said, "well...that would have been nice to know"...small chuckle followed. About as much humor as you get in a 341 i guess

He then proceeded to asking me about my businesses. Only one (real estate investments) is the cause of ALL my debt. I expained to him that was always a loss. He did ask me about a portion of my family business i own, just 3%, but it could be found to be worth what i paid. That seems to be the only thing he made a note of. My attoney is confident he will be able to convince the actual TT that it is worthless to her b/c it is 3% of a family business, with no control, and no guarantees of making money from it. I agree so i'm not too worried.

I'm extremely happy the UST didn't show his ugly face so as far as getting through the 7, looks like i'm home free barring her wanting a settlement for my shares of the family biz...if she does...we'll see what she wants. Hopefully she abandons. Anyhow, i'm ready to be done and move on with life...just wanted to share where i'm at for all those that helped me and all those that may be starting out...especially you non-consumer filers where help is hard to find

58 days and counting

Congrats

My UST letter showed up a few days after the 341

Comment

What did it say? I am -$275 DMI so i don't expect a UST letter....can you explain?

Comment

Originally posted by jonance View Post
        He then proceeded to asking me about my businesses. Only one (real estate investments) is the cause of ALL my debt. I expained to him that was always a loss.
        Sorry, I don't recall your case from other threads... what type of holdings did you have in RE inv business? Owned by Entities; any equity in any of the properties, etc? Concern over TT invading any of the entities? Curious to know the story, circumstances and events. Thanks.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X