Cheapest counseling/education providers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheapest counseling/education providers

I checked all the providers with web sites that are listed on the U.S. Trustee list for my state (New Jersey), and here are the cheapest ones I was able to find:

For pre-filing counseling:
    Tides Center (www.consumerbankruptcycounseling.info)
    FREE Internet counseling

For debtor education:
    BK Education Services (www.BKEducation.com)
    $8.95 for individual filer (Internet course)

I used both of them over the Internet, and both e-mailed me my certificates.

Hope this is of use to somebody. I spent a fair amount of time looking for all the prices on the sites. $8.95 for both certificates is quite a price difference from the standard $50 each.

(Make sure you check the U.S. Trustee site http://www.justice.gov/ust/eo/bapcpa/ccde/index.htm to make sure they're approved for your district before using them.)

Yep! I'm digging up this thread because it deserves recognition.

I found "Tides Center" definitely was FREE and got certificates emailed to me (and lawyer) for joint filing within 2 business days.

I also used "BK Education Services" for the 2nd course. Joint filing is only $12.50, and I got the certificates emailed to me (and lawyer) within 1 business day.

Very very good alternatives to more expensive sites. I also found the "BK Education Services" helpful. I actually learned some things and recommendations I will be using in the future.
    This isn't legal advice. It is just informational based on my experiences through the process, and some of the lessons I've learned.

Comment

Fees

I wish I had read this before I spent $50 for pre counseling and $19 for debtor education.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X