2 creditors keep sending bills!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 creditors keep sending bills!

We filed on 2/25/2010. 341 meeting was scheduled for 4/5 (continued), however on 3/23 the State of MT sent me a bill (and they were well aware that we had filed and included them). They actually sent a representative to the 341 meeting (the only creditor to show up) so they were very well aware.

Today 4/9/10 I received a bill from Applied Card which was included in my peition and matrix but they sent the bill anyway.

What actions can I take against these two creditors?

Originally posted by montana59451 View Post

Basically, no one cares that they sent you a bill. Just make sure that they have your case # and it will all be over soon.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by montana59451 View Post
      We filed on 2/25/2010. 341 meeting was scheduled for 4/5 (continued), however on 3/23 the State of MT sent me a bill (and they were well aware that we had filed and included them). They actually sent a representative to the 341 meeting (the only creditor to show up) so they were very well aware.

Today 4/9/10 I received a bill from Applied Card which was included in my peition and matrix but they sent the bill anyway.

Is there any disclaimer on either of the bills that states something like: "this is not an attempt to collect a debt but for information purposes only".

What I would do is to cut off about a 10" long piece of a 2x4, I would burn your name and Bk case number into the wood, then staple their respective bill, (I mean information only piece), to the 2x4... and mail it back to them. Maybe the cust serv person can use that as a paper weight on their desk and they won't forget so easily that there is an automatic stay afforded by the Bk filing. Maybe you could also staple the automatic stay instructions to the 2x4 too; make it real clear for them!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mensa1 View Post
        Is there any disclaimer on either of the bills that states something like: "this is not an attempt to collect a debt but for information purposes only".

What I would do is to cut off about a 10" long piece of a 2x4, I would burn your name and Bk case number into the wood, then staple their respective bill, (I mean information only piece), to the 2x4... and mail it back to them. Maybe the cust serv person can use that as a paper weight on their desk and they won't forget so easily that there is an automatic stay afforded by the Bk filing. Maybe you could also staple the automatic stay instructions to the 2x4 too; make it real clear for them!!!!
        That is a creative way to get these creditors to understand what an automatic stay means and how it works!
        Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
        Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

Mensa1

Like the 2x4 idea for Applied Card....but I think something more stringent for the State of MT....the copy of the bill I showed the trustee was the one dated 3/23/10, she must not have looked very hard at it and then she showed it to the State Rep (because she did not know what bill we were talking about!)

Comment

LOL Needed that.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X