341 and done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 and done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well i will say first and foremost.... Thank you to all the members here who've help make this process alot easier for me.

i had my 341 today and it was quick. my attorney ( great by the way for any recommendations PM me) said i really dont have anything to worry about. I live in san diego and own a house in WA which is not being rented/occupied. it was supposed to be a quick flip but has ended up being a pain in the @$$. my dad helps make the payments and we have equity in it approximately, 22-25k. we used the CA wildcard and exempeted it all. anyway onto the meeting, she asked me all the questions like

did you read everything with your petition before you walked in?
    have you ever filed BK before ?
    are all of your assests listed on your BK ?
    since you've filed has anything changed ?
    how often are you paid? ( which i answered 2 times a month, sometimes 3 due to ever 3 weeks)

after that she said i have no further questions for you and hope you have a great day best of luck to you in the future

wow! i felt so relieved, i said Thank you ma'am you have a great day. my attorney said my face once i walked out. I was nervous that they might question the equity, but she took a look at all the doc's i gave and was satisied ... Thank goodness, my attorney said they have usually a week to report disruption/distribution ( what does that mean ???????) if something doesn't match up correctly does that sound right ? then after that he said 60 days from now i will be discharged!!!

any thoughts ? thanks again

CCA1984
    if you are in the san diego Area and need a great lawyer PM me !!! my lawyer did miracle's for me and has made my life better

He is talking about the distribution report where the trustee indicates their intentions. From what you describe it sounds like the trustee isn't going to want any assets and you are likely done. However in the distribution report the trustee, if they are going to, will tell you exactly what assets they want you to relinquish upon which time you have a choice to either buy them back ....or let them go to auction.

As I said though from what you describe it sounds like its cut and dry. The 60 days started from the day of the meeting not the distribution report date.

Comment

Hey CCA, aren't you the guy I wrote about how the 341 in most cases lasts about six minutes when you (or someone) were so worried about the upcoming 341. If you are not, that's OK as your story should be on a sticky relating to 341's. I haven't checked but I think there is one. Why not tell it on that sticky also. Not supposed to dupe posts, but yours would be informative to those fearing 341. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by helpinfla View Post
        He is talking about the distribution report where the trustee indicates their intentions. From what you describe it sounds like the trustee isn't going to want any assets and you are likely done. However in the distribution report the trustee, if they are going to, will tell you exactly what assets they want you to relinquish upon which time you have a choice to either buy them back ....or let them go to auction.

As I said though from what you describe it sounds like its cut and dry. The 60 days started from the day of the meeting not the distribution report date.
        HelpinFLA,

Thank you for the response, I have a question for you, since they didn't say anything ( knock on wood), and i'm good to go or will they send me something in the mail ? Sorry if that sounds dumb. just curious but again thank you for the response. just want this dam thing over already lol

CCA1984
        if you are in the san diego Area and need a great lawyer PM me !!! my lawyer did miracle's for me and has made my life better

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
          Hey CCA, aren't you the guy I wrote about how the 341 in most cases lasts about six minutes when you (or someone) were so worried about the upcoming 341. If you are not, that's OK as your story should be on a sticky relating to 341's. I haven't checked but I think there is one. Why not tell it on that sticky also. Not supposed to dupe posts, but yours would be informative to those fearing 341. 'Hub
          Hub,

thanks for the reposne and yea you informed me on the 341 ( thank you btw). Sorry for the double post just anxious and nervous even though its over ? and this may be a dumb question how can we make this a sticky ? thanks again

CCA1984

Comment

That is great, congrats. Since I filed last week, I'll be facing these questions soon. Can anyone offer some advice about what to say?

Why would they want to know if you filed BK before? I did, like 20 years ago, and in retrospect the amount I owed was so small I should not have. Why do they want to know?

Also, as to the "situation changed" question, unemployment has now ended and I have a short temp assignment (about three weeks worth of work). So just say I have intermittent temp work? I may or may not be working at the time of the creditor's meeting. Why are they asking about how often one is paid?

Originally posted by CCA1984 View Post
            well i will say first and foremost.... Thank you to all the members here who've help make this process alot easier for me.

i had my 341 today and it was quick. my attorney ( great by the way for any recommendations PM me) said i really dont have anything to worry about. I live in san diego and own a house in WA which is not being rented/occupied. it was supposed to be a quick flip but has ended up being a pain in the @$$. my dad helps make the payments and we have equity in it approximately, 22-25k. we used the CA wildcard and exempeted it all. anyway onto the meeting, she asked me all the questions like

did you read everything with your petition before you walked in?
            have you ever filed BK before ?
            are all of your assets listed on your BK ?
            since you've filed has anything changed ?
            how often are you paid? ( which i answered 2 times a month, sometimes 3 due to ever 3 weeks)

after that she said i have no further questions for you and hope you have a great day best of luck to you in the future

wow! i felt so relieved, i said Thank you ma'am you have a great day. my attorney said my face once i walked out. I was nervous that they might question the equity, but she took a look at all the doc's i gave and was satisied ... Thank goodness, my attorney said they have usually a week to report disruption/distribution ( what does that mean ???????) if something doesn't match up correctly does that sound right ? then after that he said 60 days from now i will be discharged!!!

any thoughts ? thanks again

CCA1984

Comment

CCA-

If you have access to pacer you can look it up and see what the trustee says. It will likely say something like "there are no assets to distribute" or something to that effect. I dont remember if mine came in the mail or not. I was in touch with my attorney and he told me the status.

I think you would have been told something ahead of time by the trustee or the attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by CCA1984 View Post
                Hub,

thanks for the reposne and yea you informed me on the 341 ( thank you btw). Sorry for the double post just anxious and nervous even though its over ? and this may be a dumb question how can we make this a sticky ? thanks again

CCA1984
                Greetings again CCA:

No I didn't note a double post. I noted that your first post was worth putting upon the 341 "sticky" as a duplicate. It was so well done and as nervous as you once were and most are, this could help others.

Your thread was very soothing to many I am sure. I'm impressed with myself that I actually remembered that I posted to you. Thank you for the acknowledgment as at my age, I worry about my memory daily. Err, what was I saying? Oh yes, Grats on your success and I wish you a grand "new start".
                If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by helpinfla View Post
                  CCA-

If you have access to pacer you can look it up and see what the trustee says. It will likely say something like "there are no assets to distribute" or something to that effect. I dont remember if mine came in the mail or not. I was in touch with my attorney and he told me the status.

I think you would have been told something ahead of time by the trustee or the attorney.
                  Hey helpinFLA,

thanks for the post, I looked on pacer and saw they charge .08 per page. which is not a problem, do you know what i would look under in pacer since there are a few topics to look in ( .08 per page can add up quick ) and when you say on the bottom of your rreply, that i would be told to something ahead, what do you mean in patricular ( sorry i'm an idiot at this stuff) thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                    Greetings again CCA:

No I didn't note a double post. I noted that your first post was worth putting upon the 341 "sticky" as a duplicate. It was so well done and as nervous as you once were and most are, this could help others.

Your thread was very soothing to many I am sure. I'm impressed with myself that I actually remembered that I posted to you. Thank you for the acknowledgment as at my age, I worry about my memory daily. Err, what was I saying? Oh yes, Grats on your success and I wish you a grand "new start".
                    Hey Hub got your request and hope it went through on my side , i was curious from my post, do you think i will be ok ? and now just have to wait 60 days ? thanks again and sorry to be a PIA aka pain in the @$$

CCA1984

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X