Cash Back showing on online bank ledger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cash Back showing on online bank ledger

Great, thought I was playing it smart by getting cash back (for my "rainy day" fund) when i would grocery shop at Krogers, Meijers, and Target. Now when I look at my online transactions thru Chase, it actually shows that I took the cash back option and how much. Didn't want a trustee to see this as I spend down some of my checking account, since I have a bit more than what I can wild card.

So far, Sam's Club and Walmart still don't report this back to Chase, so I'm safe there. Hope THEY do not start doing this or I will have to keep putting off my filing date.

Any one else run into this kind of problem???

Wondering where else I can take the "cash back" transactions without the hassle of it showing up on my bank statements????

Comment

Are you aware that any cash you have at the time of filing has to be disclosed on your petition? It is referred to as "Cash on hand".
      Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
      Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Originally posted by loser104 View Post
        Wondering where else I can take the "cash back" transactions without the hassle of it showing up on my bank statements????
        You are planning on disclosing the cash on hand in your petition, correct? Because that is an asset.

Comment

You might wanna start looking around for cash receipts layn around!!! LOL I am sorry... If its a huge amount cash back u most likely have to explian where it is.

Comment

Originally posted by helpmeout View Post
            You are planning on disclosing the cash on hand in your petition, correct? Because that is an asset.
            1/15/10 Filed ch7 2/18/10 314 meeting
            2/22/10 Report of No Distribution
            4/20/10 Discharged 5/20/10 Closed!

Comment

It sounds like the OP is trying to save it for a "rainy day" and not spend it. I took cash out before I filed. I didn't save it, though. It was spent on living expenses, not hoarded away for a "rainy day". I'm doing that now that I have filed.

Comment

Originally posted by helpmeout View Post
                It sounds like the OP is trying to save it for a "rainy day" and not spend it. I took cash out before I filed. I didn't save it, though. It was spent on living expenses, not hoarded away for a "rainy day". I'm doing that now that I have filed.
                I agree, it sounds a little like that. I was giving the OP the benefit of the doubt, but at the same time sympathizing about the need to have a safety net while "playing by the rules". Sometimes the letter of the law can give one a little leeway.
                1/15/10 Filed ch7 2/18/10 314 meeting
                2/22/10 Report of No Distribution
                4/20/10 Discharged 5/20/10 Closed!

Comment

Not really trying to skirt the system, just saying that I do not want to draw any unwanted attention to my "cash back" or ATM transactions. I probably pull out a few hundred dollars each month. I use some for cash only transactions (gum, chips, fast food, etc.) and I put some aside for other purposes (entertainment stuff like wii games, restaurants, movies.........you know, a "rainy day" fund). Not trying to commit any kind of fraud.

I just don't think I should have to keep receipts for every pack of gum I may buy or every movie I rent at blockbuster.......or if my TV takes a dump, I would like the opportunity to go out and replace it, hence a "rainy day" fund.

It's a lot easier if the transaction DOESN'T show on my bank statement, then the issue becomes a non-starter with the trustee. The smoother the 341, the better. That's all.

Comment

Does anyone else have bank statements that separate out a purchase and a cash back transaction for a single debit card swipe? I had Chase for awhile and never noticed that - nor have I seen it on any other bank debit card I use. Is this something new?

If it's only Chase, it's one more reason to cancel Chase accounts - why give your business to one of the five most corrupt Wall Street banks in the nation?
                    “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X