top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$1237 over the Median - Do I have a chance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me the expenses that helped me qualify for a ch 7 ($21k over median) were: house payment and vehicle expenses (long commute). I interviewed 6 attorneys, all but 2 took one look at my income and said ch 13...only 2 ran the means test and used my numbers which qualified me for a ch 7.

I've always used Quicken, so I was able to track EVERY PENNY that went out and I used that (if allowable) in my budget.
    May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
    May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
    May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
    9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rpertusio View Post
      The added income will NOT push me over the median if I average the last 6 months. I had a low-paying job AND was unemployed for 1 month during that time.

BUT, an attorney we consulted with told me that the '6 month average' can be thrown out if they believe my future earnings will push me over the median.

- rp
      can it also be thrown out if if they believe future earnings will be less than the median?

Comment

I need to file soon as well--in May--because my DH finally returned to work in April on the 13th after being laid off for 15 months...so in my case time is of the essence. I hope to file by the middle of May.
        Filed CH 13 5/28/10
        341 Hearing 6/23/10 & 8/23/10/Confirmed 9/21/2010 36 months
        DISCHARGED 9/12/13

Comment

Originally posted by wisconsin View Post
          can it also be thrown out if if they believe future earnings will be less than the median?
          No, only earning prior to filing.
          Wife Laid off - 11/16/2009 Missed First Payments - 12/5/2009
          Filed Chap 7 - 12/31/2009
          341 - 2/12/2010
          Discharged - 4/19/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X