Vacation Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacation Question

Well, we got our tax refund in early April and the word on the street was that my employer was going to move us back to full 40 hours and full pay at the end of April so I decided to book a $800 beach rental(paid in full with my debit card(not credit) as things were looking ok.
    The chips did not fall that way. Not only did we not get the 40 hours/full pay back, they have laid off more folks and decided that we(I) might be in line for yet another paycut. This drove me to meet with lawyers and get the ball rolling for Chap 7 as its not looking good.
    My question is this, when we booked this, I had not met with a lawyers nor had any intention of even filing or even thinking of filing at the time.
    With this change in circumstance, how does this rental affect things? Should I get a refund from them as I paid with my check card(not credit) and does it even matter at this point? I don't want to hold the filing up any if I can help it.
    I booked the rental April 15th..I met with the lawyer for the first time on May 1st.

what did the lawyer have to say?
    Chapter 7 07/30/2008
    341 09/17/2008
    Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

He said it should not be a problem due to it only being $800, but it was an initial/free consultation and he said without all the paperwork, he could not make a solid call on this. He did say that the only problem he could foresee would be that the trustee might want the money back. I personally don't care about the money nor the vacation at this point. I just need to get this filing done so I can unshackle this debt before my pay goes below what I can afford to keep up the household.
      I just wondered what others have seen or if anyone else has run into this situation.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X