Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

31 days and still waiting on case closed

Sure wish mine had auto closed!

I know you want to see it, and it will happen, but it TRULY is just administrative. I know, I was lucky that mine was autoclosed and you want to see that too, but it has absolutely nothing to do with your BK. It is how held up things are in your area....I'd give it a week or so and then call the clerk...a lot of times they can do it right on the phone if you are nice. As usual, keep me posted. You have been my pal through all of this!
    Bobby

Comment

Phoenix is averaging almost 40 days in many cases. They batch-file and update when they get around to it. Your jurisdiction may be similar. Patience, Young Jedi....

Comment

I am so glad to have gotten this far, I just want to know it's officially done Patience is a virtue right . Boy, I love this liven with no bills! Just the thought of having any more monthly bills (then is necessary) makes me almost sick to my stomach.

Comment

Migal, it took near a year to close my case. Ours was an asset case but we were not worried once we got the discharge. The discharge means IT IS ALL OVER. The close as stated is a 'mop up'. In our case the Trustee had to disburse the funds and once that was technically handled, the close came across. It was not our business about when or how the funds were disbursed but until that detail was over, the case was not closed. But no come back on us as we fulfilled all our obligations. So believe those above telling you it is of no great importance. The discharge is what you are after. 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

31 days from what????

Are you 31 days from the 341 meeting.
            Are you 31 days after discharge....

Comment

31 days after discharge

Comment

Assuming you were designated a no asset case, then call the clerks office and politely inquire as to the status.

However, realize that it really does NOT matter when you case closes. So long as you have discharge, you have what you need.

Comment

No asset, Ch 7 discharged, not yet closed. Mortgage holders (2) will not allow online payments until "closed" -- discharge doesn't matter when it comes to online payments -- or so they say. PITB!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X