Cash Advance ACH Transactions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cash Advance ACH Transactions

Hello to all, I haven't been on here in a while. Happy to see this place still up and running.

So last year when I filed my Chapter 7 Bk I forgot to include the cash advance company. They have been after me ever since, I did a stop payment on the check back in July 2009. The stop payment is only good for six months. Around January the company started up collection efforts again. I arrange a payment plan with them.

Is it legal for them to process a ACH transaction that I didn't authorize for over $500.00. For some reason I feel like this can not be legal?? Any thoughts, I NEED some advice.

Originally posted by AshShep01 View Post
    Hello to all, I haven't been on here in a while. Happy to see this place still up and running.

So last year when I filed my Chapter 7 Bk I forgot to include the cash advance company. They have been after me ever since, I did a stop payment on the check back in July 2009. The stop payment is only good for six months. Around January the company started up collection efforts again. I arrange a payment plan with them.

Is it legal for them to process a ACH transaction that I didn't authorize for over $500.00. For some reason I feel like this can not be legal?? Any thoughts, I NEED some advice.
    I could be way wrong but even if you missed a creditor, all debts prior to a Chapter 7 are discharged (well except the non-dischargeable ones like Student Loans)...there is nothing they can do and they certainly should not be trying to collect on the debt...

but I could be wrong....

Comment

You might get more informed answers if you posted your question in the Ch. 7 BK forum where it belongs.
      “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Any other answers? seems like a simple question.

bump
        “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X