moved banks and canceled autopays!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

moved banks and canceled autopays!

Ill be filing August 1st, i have just closed all my previous accounts with the old bank and opened a new one. i changed all the autopays for non BK7 stuff to the new account.

this is becoming VERY REAL!

talk about being nervous! with this change no CC will be payed, and one car will not be paid. for the first time ever ill be missing payments.
    stopped paying 5/16/2010
    filed 8/2/2010
    341 8/31/2010
    Report of no Distribution 9/1/2010 expected discharge 10/31/2010

That's good you're thinking ahead. There are too many posts here from people who wish they had stopped auto-pays and/or changed banks but didn't. Good luck!
    Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
    Attended 341 September 2010
    Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

Comment

We're right there with you. We changed banks and refinanced our vehicle to avoid cross-collateralization. The attorney said the bank we used didn't usually exercise that right, but since we still had good credit to go ahead and do it just in case.

Our first official missed payment will be the 12th, but that card usually would have been paid today (and wasn't).

Comment

ya, its a weird feeling. We stopped payments over a month ago and switched bank accounts. We paid off the CC's we plan to keep and only use an ATM to pay. We are now reviewing our petition as the final step before submitting.

Comment

Originally posted by angles View Post
          ya, its a weird feeling. We stopped payments over a month ago and switched bank accounts. We paid off the CC's we plan to keep and only use an ATM to pay. We are now reviewing our petition as the final step before submitting.

ARE there CC's you can actually keep??? I thought all of your cards would close out the accounts, even if you had a zero balance. I wouldn't mind keeping my Home Depot and Lowe's cards - they both have a zero balance - but just assumed they would close them out.
          04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Comment

Yes, you can keep them all if they don’t cancel you. If you owe them money and they are part of the discharge chances are they will cancel you. The only card I know for sure that will cancel you even if you have a zero balance is American Express. Ultimately, it is up to the particular card.

Comment

That is all true. But the chances of Lowes or similar leaving your account open are basically zero. All of your accounts will be closed.
              attorney consult and decided to file, 02/15/2010
              no-asset Chapter 7 filed, 03/11/2010
              341, 05/10/2010
              discharged, 07/13/2010

Comment

My Sears (yes - SEARS), Conoco, Citgo, Lane Bryant, Target store card - hmmm, I think that's all - they all survived my BK7 in 2004.

So YMMV. Cross your fingers and say a prayer. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by blessed View Post
                  That is all true. But the chances of Lowes or similar leaving your account open are basically zero. All of your accounts will be closed.
                  Oh well, no big deal. Those are the two that have never hurt me - have always just used them for the six month, no interest deals and paid them off each time. Thought it would be nice to have them, but not the end of the world if I don't.
                  04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X