A very short post to make you smile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very short post to make you smile

I just had to post this...........As most know my story, we are older, on state pension and filing Ch7 in August. After many creditor calls back in January, I retained a lawyer. The calls all stopped when I gave his name/number.
    Well yesterday I get a call, my caller id listed it and I just knew it had to be a collection call!!!!!! I answer, am put on hold, i'm sitting there a lil nervous, a lady comes on ........I tell her my name and such.........
    I ask who the company is, she says,,,TIME WARNER.......I have not had cable in years!!!
    It turns out the collection amount is $23.69 from believe it or not 1989!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I said what?????? I said I'm sorry but if thats a true debt, you are SOL on both counts!! statue of limitations and Shit outa luck on me paying it!!!!!!!
    She starts laffing like crazy, she says "oh my god, I was only 8 years old in 1989!" Shes tells me Forget about it, shes tossing it out of their system

Anyway, with so many very serious posts I've made , I just wanted to share thsi with you all> You guys ROCK! and I know someone out there would find this as funny as we did

What a great story!
    I remember disputing a long distance phone charge with Quest. I got so angry that I cancelled my phone service. That was at least 15 years ago and the amount in dispute was under $20. I STILL get letters from a debt company asking if I don't want to just pay half of this debt. Figure that they have spent $40 in postage! But I still hate Quest and still refuse to use their srvice!!!!

Comment

Bahahahahaha!!!
      Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
      0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

Along similar lines, but more sad than anything:

Last year I received a payoff check for a class-action lawsuit. I had no idea I was even part of the action. It was for Verizon, I think, or some similar size company.

The check was for ONE CENT. ONE PENNY. I had to laugh.

But then, I grew curious and read the 67 page letter and court documents.

They had, of course, used a stamp (about 70 cents), the cost of the documents was probably significant, and had used someone's hourly time to put it all together and mail.

So, they had spent maybe two dollars to send me a one cent settlement.

Now, deep inside the stack of papers was this statement:

Court approves the settlement, with $26,987,765.00 to be disbursed equally among . . . blah blah. . . . and approves payment of legal fees to Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe LP in the amount of $12,800,986.00.

They got nearly 13 million for their hard work in protecting me, the consumer. I got one cent.

Surreal.
        11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
        12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
        3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

class action settlements are often like that. cash cow for lawyers, nothing for those who get hurt. it's ludicrous.
          filed ch7 May 09
          341 june 09
          discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Almost 6 years after my mother passed away, I received a call from AOL. They were trying to collect on a bill of her's from years ago....

They asked for a forwarding address for her. I paused, then said, ..."Ok, its Final Rest Gardens, Springfield Dr. etc.".....

Long pause from the collector..."does she work there?" "No, that's where she lives."

"...Oh,....alright, uh, can you please tell her she still owes this money?

"Sure."

(collectors are more proof that cousins should not marry)

Comment

We have a Merrill account and I get these suits all the time. I just toss them as they are lawyer cash cows. Perhaps, maybe, just perhaps, the first sue, got a bit, but those sharks are what caused our 'Bammy super med care. Yes I got my Govmint Medicare assurance folder, yet my general Doctor, laid off his medical assistant due to the payment process.

Things are getting better. (The Postman, David Brin. Watch the movie.) 'Hub
              Last edited by AngelinaCatHub; 05-29-2010, 04:30 PM.
              If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan View Post
                Almost 6 years after my mother passed away, I received a call from AOL. They were trying to collect on a bill of her's from years ago....

They asked for a forwarding address for her. I paused, then said, ..."Ok, its Final Rest Gardens, Springfield Dr. etc.".....

Long pause from the collector..."does she work there?" "No, that's where she lives."

"Sure."

Cannot stand it!!!! I had to respond. A big LOLOLOLOLOLOL. Kool. BUT, you should have said "she resides there".

Big time Rah, Rah, Rah! 'Hub
                If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan View Post

"Sure."

LoL, the same happened to, i told them the address where she was laid to rest, and i gave them her old cell number (prepaid) .

Comment

OK, I just thought of one I got about a year ago. It was some old phone bill from Attack & Terminate AT&T listed to my father-in-laws name. They threatened to sue. I was going to go to the hearing and represent him with his 48 year old death certificate in hand and a bill for my time. Knowing our small claims Judge, I'll bet she would have sanctioned him to pay it.

It never happened so I missed my chance to make a fool out of a CA lawyer. 'Hub

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X