341 Meeting Was No Big Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Meeting Was No Big Deal

My 341 Meeting was yesterday and it was no big deal. My attorney coached me on what to say and to give short answers. I was worried about it even after reading the postings on this forum but it went as well as can be expected per my attorney. She told me that I should get a discharge paper in the mail in about 70 days since the bankruptcy trustee said she had no objections to my case. My attorney also said that the U S Trustee rarely takes an interest in any of these cases, when they do it's usually random, and if they were going to question mine they would have said so prior to the 341 meeting. Right now I just have to wait for the court system to process everything. My advice is to get a good attorney, be as prepared as possible before your 341 meeting, get there early, answer questions honestly with short answers and you will probably be done in 5 minutes as were myself and all of the other people who went before me. Best of luck to all of you reading this.

Glad to hear it Mike, mines next Wednesday I hope it goes smooth.
    ==================================
    Filed: 4-30-2010
    341 Complete: 6-16-2010
    Discharged and Closed 8/17/2010

Comment

Congrats Mike! It's a great feeling, isn't it?

Comment

Good luck with your 341 meeting Blueboy! I hope my posting helped ease your mind about it.

Comment

I forgot the sale of a house (from 2.5 years ago where I lost money) during my 341 meeting this week so my attorney amended my testimony via fax to include it. The BK petition only asks for what property you have sold within the last 2 years(which I listed) but the BK trustee asked me what property I have sold within the last 4 years. Just letting everyone know that your testimony can be amended in case you forget something that should have been included.

Comment

Mine is tomorrow 6/10/10 at 2:30PM. My attorney told me also to be brief and not to worry!

Comment

Good luck Ben!

Comment

Grats! We are 62 days past our 341 now and just waiting for the discharge Not nearly as bad as I made it out to be to myself afterall.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X