Amendment after filing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amendment after filing?

Can you amend exemptions after filing? My bank balance increased on filing day but the day I signed the papers was a lot less.
    Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Hmm, I don't recall any prohibition against making amendments to anything, particularly if it's before your 341. Seems kind of strange that there would be a discrepancy there. My attorney made us go to the bank on the day we filed and get a balance statement from them.

In my case I filed amendments on my Schedule J to get my DMI to a slightly positive amount to support a reaffirmation. My attorney hadn't returned my calls or emails prior to the 341 so I informed the trustee what I was doing and they were fine with it. Gave my attorney some grief but just said, "fine, get those filed." I'd say it's certainly worth a shot if the amount of the funds is more than the cost of filing the amendment.
    Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

Originally posted by BobMango View Post
      Hmm, I don't recall any prohibition against making amendments to anything, particularly if it's before your 341. Seems kind of strange that there would be a discrepancy there. My attorney made us go to the bank on the day we filed and get a balance statement from them.

In my case I filed amendments on my Schedule J to get my DMI to a slightly positive amount to support a reaffirmation. My attorney hadn't returned my calls or emails prior to the 341 so I informed the trustee what I was doing and they were fine with it. Gave my attorney some grief but just said, "fine, get those filed." I'd say it's certainly worth a shot if the amount of the funds is more than the cost of filing the amendment.
      Well he never wanted a bank statement even after I asked. Never said to call if the balance changed. I thought they were suppose to file before I got paid. In any case it went up a few grand. thanks will get the lawyer to file an amendment.
      Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X