341 tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 tomorrow

I can't wait for this to be over. Anyway, we filed for Chapter 7 no asset.
    If the trustee objects to our case and want us to convert to Chapter 13, do we have the option to re-file in six months or do we have to convert?

We have two cars that we own, barely worth anything. Our income is 15k below median.

The only thing that concerns me is our income and expenses.

At the time we filed, my husband had 1k extra income due to overtime hours but it fluctuates. Sometimes he's not allowed to work overtime and there are times his company wants him to work a lot of overtime.

In addition, we're not sure if they will let my husband private school tuition fees slide by since it's not required by his employer. He pays about $580 per month.

I'm preparing myself for the worst case scenario and would like to know what my options are if the trustee wants us to convert to Chapter 13.

Thank you in advance for your input.
    Filed Chapter 7 Pro Se: July 28, 2010
    341 Meeting: Aug. 24, 2010/ Report of No Distribution: Aug. 25, 2010
    Officially Discharged: Oct. 26, 2010

education as business expense

Hi nomoneyhoney,

Hubby's education bill can be a legitimate expense if it is job-related, even if it is not employer mandated. Most professionals take classes to stay current in their fields and to maintain their employability (is that a real word?)

From what you have posted so far, I don't think you are going to have a problem staying in Ch7

Hope the 341 was short and simple !!

Tom in Colo
    Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Hi Tom,
      Thank you for always answering my questions. My husband's education is somewhat job related. He's going for computer software engineering and he's currently working in a computer field. His employer doesn't require him to go to school but he wants to get his bachelor's degree just in case and it will help him raise his income and have greater chance of getting a promotion.

I hope our 341 goes fine. =)
      Filed Chapter 7 Pro Se: July 28, 2010
      341 Meeting: Aug. 24, 2010/ Report of No Distribution: Aug. 25, 2010
      Officially Discharged: Oct. 26, 2010

Comment

Good luck at your 341. I hope it goes well.
        Filed Chapter 7 on July 30, 2010
        341 scheduled for August 26, 2010 - Done! - Report of No Distribution
        Discharged!!! - November 15, 2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X