Bank account question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank account question

I'm trying to figure out the best timing to file. If we filed right before payday, then we would probably not have too many problems. Our money is generally all spent by then. How questionable is it to take our checks out of the bank (we have direct deposit that cannot be changed per our company's policy) as soon as they are deposited, pay for everything with cash (which we can do) and just save all the receipts? Any info. would be helpful, thanks.

How about "A" file right before payday.

Comment

Prior to filing I took out about $1000 and got money orders to pay for rent and other bills. It was never questioned by the trustee. As long as you are using the money for normal living expenses and not luxaries, you should be fine. Do save your receipts as proof. Good luck to you.
      Filed Chapter 7 on July 30, 2010
      341 scheduled for August 26, 2010 - Done! - Report of No Distribution
      Discharged!!! - November 15, 2010

Comment

emptied bank account

Hi all, Hi hankhill,

We emptied the bank account just before filing, paid ahead on all the bills. Our trustee never said a word about it, but then again he didn't even ask for bank statements...kartoons and I are lucky to be in Colo, trustees seem to be laid back here...

I agree w. the save receipts advice

Tom in Colo
        Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X