341 in Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 in Michigan

Just wondering if any on the Michigan people on the forum can discuss how there 341's went. Just curious to know!
    Filed:11/2010
    341 Meeting:1/5/2011
    Discharge:3/2011

Not sure what you are looking for. My trustee was looking for high-income filers and transfer of assets, but if people were below the median and/or had not transferred any property or given any money to relatives, he was not causing issues. Things my trustee was looking for: high end cars (he thought my saab 93 that I had traded in was a "high end" car), gifts to or from relatives, deposits into checking account, etc, ira and 401k deposits. I don't think my experience was the norm. If you are at or below median, I think your experience will go smoothly. I was below median, but that was because I was unemployed at the time and before that had been way above the median.
    You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Thanks for the info backto school. Not looking for anything specific just curious to know. Yea I'm well below the median so that shouldn't cause too much of a stir!
      Filed:11/2010
      341 Meeting:1/5/2011
      Discharge:3/2011

Comment

BTS, quick question --- Do you think if I move $1100 out of my checking into hubby's checking to pay the mortgage that will be considered "deposits into checking account" ?

I have continued to make 401k deposits as my company does not provide a pension and I'm older and retirement is right around the corner and I'm already being told, I'm too old at job interviews.

Dang the more I read about Michigan (which has been in a state of depression vs recession for the past 3 years), the more worried I am about getting thru this.

thanks for all of your help

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
        Not sure what you are looking for. My trustee was looking for high-income filers and transfer of assets, but if people were below the median and/or had not transferred any property or given any money to relatives, he was not causing issues. Things my trustee was looking for: high end cars (he thought my saab 93 that I had traded in was a "high end" car), gifts to or from relatives, deposits into checking account, etc, ira and 401k deposits. I don't think my experience was the norm. If you are at or below median, I think your experience will go smoothly. I was below median, but that was because I was unemployed at the time and before that had been way above the median.
        Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

I had mine today and it went well. My attorney said the trustee's job was to look for assests that could be used to pay creditors. He asked most people only 4-5 questions (besides name, address, is this your signature, did you read this petition, was everything correct). The trustee asked everyone why they were filing (nearly everyone said loss of/reduction of income) and he asked most people when they last paid credit cards. He asked me if my car was my only car and if my mortgage had ever been refinanced. My attorney thought it went really well and said that from here on out that no news is good news. Now I just wait my 60 days, I think!

There's also a questionnaire to fill out before your meeting; they were on the trustee's table and people were free to take them as needed, even during other people's interviews. It's just two pages and asks things like, "Have you paid anyone more than $1000 in the last year?", "Do you hold any interest in properties?", "Do you expect to receive any money from lawsuits or insurance settlements?" etc.

He went easy and quickly on the more straightforward cases, but asked some people a lot of questions about real estate holdings, disability payments, spouse's income, etc.

I don't know if you're in the southeastern district, but if you are, you get off the elevator (in the Fort St building in Detroit) and walk into a waiting room. There are several conference rooms around the waiting room, each assigned to a trustee. Find your trustee's room and check the docket to make sure your name is there. Most of the doors are closed, but you're free to come and go if you'd like to watch a few.

-----------
          Filed Ch 7: 09-09-10
          341: 10-13-10

Comment

Originally posted by Fallonedward View Post
            BTS, quick question --- Do you think if I move $1100 out of my checking into hubby's checking to pay the mortgage that will be considered "deposits into checking account" ?

I have continued to make 401k deposits as my company does not provide a pension and I'm older and retirement is right around the corner and I'm already being told, I'm too old at job interviews.

Dang the more I read about Michigan (which has been in a state of depression vs recession for the past 3 years), the more worried I am about getting thru this.

thanks for all of your help
            I think moving the money to pay the mortgage is fine. If the trustee asks, just tell him the money was for the mortgage payment and you will not have any problem. I think your 401k payments will be questioned, but with a good lawyer, you might get them by. if you have any other way of replacing that money with other legitimate expenses such as gas, insurance, health care (including over the counter items), dues and fees, etc it would be better.
            You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Detroit, thanks so much. I appreciate the directions as well. I will be at the same location as you so this is very helpful

Originally posted by Detroit View Post
              I had mine today and it went well. My attorney said the trustee's job was to look for assests that could be used to pay creditors. He asked most people only 4-5 questions (besides name, address, is this your signature, did you read this petition, was everything correct). The trustee asked everyone why they were filing (nearly everyone said loss of/reduction of income) and he asked most people when they last paid credit cards. He asked me if my car was my only car and if my mortgage had ever been refinanced. My attorney thought it went really well and said that from here on out that no news is good news. Now I just wait my 60 days, I think!

There's also a questionnaire to fill out before your meeting; they were on the trustee's table and people were free to take them as needed, even during other people's interviews. It's just two pages and asks things like, "Have you paid anyone more than $1000 in the last year?", "Do you hold any interest in properties?", "Do you expect to receive any money from lawsuits or insurance settlements?" etc.

He went easy and quickly on the more straightforward cases, but asked some people a lot of questions about real estate holdings, disability payments, spouse's income, etc.

I don't know if you're in the southeastern district, but if you are, you get off the elevator (in the Fort St building in Detroit) and walk into a waiting room. There are several conference rooms around the waiting room, each assigned to a trustee. Find your trustee's room and check the docket to make sure your name is there. Most of the doors are closed, but you're free to come and go if you'd like to watch a few.

-----------
              Filed Ch 7: 09-09-10
              341: 10-13-10

Comment

BTS, thank you for all of your help

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
                I think moving the money to pay the mortgage is fine. If the trustee asks, just tell him the money was for the mortgage payment and you will not have any problem. I think your 401k payments will be questioned, but with a good lawyer, you might get them by. if you have any other way of replacing that money with other legitimate expenses such as gas, insurance, health care (including over the counter items), dues and fees, etc it would be better.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X